Thread: Sad about my hands :(

Thanks

Default Sad about my hands :(

Hi everyone, hope you are having a good day. It is snowing like crazy here in Boulder, Colorado!

My wrists and hands are getting worse. It's taken about two weeks for one wrist to turn into two, and now all the little joints at the tips of my fingers hurt. It stinks! The pain is not that bad I guess, but I notice it all the time and it's wearing on me. Movement or rest doesn't seem to make a difference. Everyone at work says it's carpal tunnel from typing, but I know it's not! What do you guys do when joint pain gets really bad?

My mom said that she knew a girl that had human parvovirus, and they thought it was lupus until it suddenly went away. I guess they have a lot of the same symptoms. I wish I had had these problems just a few months ago when I had wonderful, perfect health insurance. All of the affordable health plans around here have ridiculously high deducible, so I wonder if it would even be worth getting.

Anyway - just had to complain to some other people for a change! Sorry about that. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Coloradan; 10-26-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks

Sorry about your hands. I get the pain in the joint at the end of my fingers too. My lupus journey didn't include joint pain until a couple of months ago when it started in my fingers and wrists. Now my shoulders too.

My pain doesn't sound as troublesome as yours and, so far, I've avoided any pain killers.

I really just wanted to say that you're not alone and I'm sorry you feel badly.

Brenda

Thanks

My hands and fingers are in pain all the time, mostly the middle joints, they are swollen and have bony nodules. Whenever the pain is unbearable, I take Mobic, an anti inflammatory, it helps a little bit.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have pain in my joints all the time being i am 63 this is age and diease related my biggest pain is in my thumb joints and i just got my second injection there it hurt but it helps for awhile and my knees are a real big problem. But i have a great rhumey and he helps with the pain and he is going to send me to a hand surgeon if nesessary but that will be my last resort it is hard to do anything when your hands hurt but to just go along with it the best you can. Hope you get some relief soon. Bonita

Thanks

There are several companies (the names escape me at the moment, sorry) that make a parrafin bath for hands or feet. You heat it up about an hour or so before you want to use it. The wax (some of it comes scented) melts and you dip your hands in for several coats, then cover with plastic and fuzzy mitts. Then you have to just sit and relax. The warmth is very soothing and I've found that if you do it a couple times a day for a few days it seems to help the swelling and pain. Joint pain is my worst symptom and this at least has no nasty side effects. Doing it right before bed works great for me. They cost somewhere around 50.00 and the wax refills are about 20.00. You can find them at amazon.com. Hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BarbaraB For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (10-30-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have pain in my hands and fingers all the time so I completely understand how you feel. They always hurt, swell, lock up. I've had surgery once to release a finger that was stuck bent down, I have a pretty weak grip, its overall just a pain in the butt. I find that heat helps a lot, and I also have a pair of compression gloves that squeeze your hands just enough to help them feel better and increase blood flow and keep them warm, I'd recommend trying a pair.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

sorry you are feeling so bad i had terrible pain during winter on all my joints i had to use creams like dencorub or deep heat as well as panadol osteo or when it was unbearable pain killers like tramadol or endone hope thing s get better soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i have a tens machine.
    it is one that supplies electic pulses.
    i use gloves for my hands.

i find it very benificial, especially in winter.

Thanks

Hi everyone, thanks for the support! My hands are feeling better today! I wonder if I really do have Parvovirus and maybe I'm getting over it. That would be awesome! in any case, thanks for the ideas, they are great.