Thread: new and need help

Thanks

Default new and need help

Hi my name is Judy . I recently went into my doctors for something else and he saw the rash the butterfly rash on my face , He asked me some ? decide to run the ana test again .Well this time it came out postive from what i understand is 1:80 homogeneous pattern . He said i had to go to a Rhuematologist because they are thinking it is lupus .
    So Should i go threw and write down everything i can remeber from the past years medical wise before i see the Rhuematologist ?
    Should i try to get copies of past test results ? We usually see Military doctors but the past 6 yrs i went to a outside doctor ,
    The military base is where i had blood or protein in urine test cant rember but i had to go back several times . Where i was very bad Anemia to the point where they had my husband leave the room to ask me if he was hurting me .Then they did blood work found out i was very anemic .
    I dont know if i need to take these records with me or not . I called the doctor i will be seeing they have not recieved my referal yet to call back in 24-48hrs . I did ask how long before i would be seen as we are military . My husband will be leaving soon for 7 mths . She said it would take 4-6 weeks depending on the doctor they think i should see . so i guess now it is just w waiting game . I did take pictures of my face when the rash was there this weekend and my hand i get a weird red raised rash on it usually around the same time my face is red . amy help would be great

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turner1229 View Post
    Hi my name is Judy . I recently went into my doctors for something else and he saw the rash the butterfly rash on my face , He asked me some ? decide to run the ana test again .Well this time it came out postive from what i understand is 1:80 homogeneous pattern . He said i had to go to a Rhuematologist because they are thinking it is lupus .
    So Should i go threw and write down everything i can remeber from the past years medical wise before i see the Rhuematologist ?
    Should i try to get copies of past test results ? We usually see Military doctors but the past 6 yrs i went to a outside doctor ,
    The military base is where i had blood or protein in urine test cant rember but i had to go back several times . Where i was very bad Anemia to the point where they had my husband leave the room to ask me if he was hurting me .Then they did blood work found out i was very anemic .
    I dont know if i need to take these records with me or not . I called the doctor i will be seeing they have not recieved my referal yet to call back in 24-48hrs . I did ask how long before i would be seen as we are military . My husband will be leaving soon for 7 mths . She said it would take 4-6 weeks depending on the doctor they think i should see . so i guess now it is just w waiting game . I did take pictures of my face when the rash was there this weekend and my hand i get a weird red raised rash on it usually around the same time my face is red . amy help would be great
    Hi and welcome to WHL! I am sorry that you are having to deal with this but you asked some great questions!

Yes, get ALL of your test results and your records. You should actually do this from this point forward. Keep a file of everything. You have no idea how handy this will become. After that I would write a 1 page recap of the medical issues for the last year and I would suggest typing out a list of all of your "out of range" test results. Do NOT hand these to the nurse with their copies of of all the records. Hold on to these and when you get in with the doctor hand those two pages to him/her. This way he has to read them and hopefully will be better prepared to deal with you. Always take pictures of your rashes or any other strange things that happen and you and the doctor should be well prepared!

Please let us know if you have any questions and I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (10-24-2011)

Thanks

Welcome Judy! You have already figured out some key stuff to do to get ready for your appointment, and Mari's suggestions are always helpful. I don't know anything about the military system, but it's probably even more important to keep your records and carry them to each appointment. My sister is married to a Navy man and I think she got bounced around from doctor to doctor for her prenatal stuff. Hopefully rheumatology is different.

I'm glad you found us, and hope that you will stick around and share your experiences with us.

Thanks

Welcome! I am new at this too and I have already learned to document everything I can about my illness and to get all of my test results. Everything that you can bring to a doctor's appointment is helpful.

Keep us posted!
    Melanie