Thread: Heading into the flare I knew was coming

Thanks

Default Heading into the flare I knew was coming

This has been the best week and a half since long before my diagnosis. I've been able to do things I haven't done in forever; from just getting out of the house to playing nurse for my sister and her baby while her husband was recovering from gallbladder surgery. I got my application for medicaid filled out and sent off. I handled the pain management crisis without totally flipping out. I'm really proud of my self for being well enough to help out and get some important stuff taken care of. I took it as easy on myself as I could, and I really believe that's how I was able to last through this whole time.

Unfortunately, now I can feel the flare coming. And boy, is The Mess coming fast. I'm fatigued to the point of barely being able to lift my arms. My mind feels like it's melting. I was totally unable to carry on a simple chit chat convo with my sister and mom tonight. The pops are popping up again, all over the place, and with them comes pain. I'm determined to treat the hell out of the pain this time. And I'm determined to remember throughout this one that it's just a flare: It's not me losing my mind, or becoming a terrible friend/person, or watching my life crumble away from the upstairs smoke room. It's just a flare, and this last week or so has taught me that I will absolutley feel better again when this Mess cycles back around.

I'll still be around a lot, but may not feel much like posting. Know that you're all in my thoughts, and I'm wishing you well-rested, pain-free and stress-free days.

Sharpie
    Last edited by sharpiessave; 10-23-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks

Wow, you wrote some powerful stuff here Sharpie. I love your attitude and determination and hope that you get through The Mess quickly. I'll send positive thoughts your way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

sharpiessave (10-24-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i am sorry you are going to have this.
    wishing you a short flare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Sorry you are dealing with this but I understand completely (hence my quieter time lately). Never forget that you are amazing and we are sending out good thoughts so you get beyond this as fast as possible!

Love ya
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hang in there my friend. You are right, it is only a flare and you will get through it. Get lots of rest and post when you can.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry you have to go through another flare. There is one thing about a flare though, it will go away. Off course we like it to go away sooner than later. Crossing my fingers, that yours will go away soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

sharpiessave (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Sorry to hear this, Sharpie.
    You have the right attitude, though. It's my hubby's favorite saying - "This too, shall pass".
    I hope it passes quickly for you.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

13. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

sharpiessave (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Thank you, everyone, for all the well wishes. Here's a little update:

I have that flu thing I nursed my sis and niece through. Figures, lol. I found it very interesting that it took me a day and a half to realize it was the flu. I automatically attribute any sickly symptom to The Mess. I mean, I am definitely going through a classic AI flare, but the flu is mixed in there with it. Do you guys do that too?

This flare brought a Sjogren's symptom with it that I've read about, but hadn't experienced before; mouth sores. I've had the occasional smallish sore from lack of moisture before, but this new stuff is crazy! I'll try to post a pic of my tongue on my page when I can. It's pretty gross, but interesting, I think. ; )

I slept from 4-9pm today, so now my sleep schedule's all messed up. I'm craving coffee at midnight. Thankfully my tummy won't let me drink it, or I'd be up all night long, and I'm really hoping to go back to bed soon.

Oh, one more thing. The mouth sores and tummy issues are coming at the wildest time. Just a few days ago I realized I had gained 22lbs in the last 3 weeks. I'm all for being awesomely fat, but that was just getting out of control. I should explain, for those who don't know, that I'm not your (meanly) stereotypical overweight kind of girl. I usually have to fight to eat, and everyone's always trying to come up with something that'll whet my appetite. It was a combination of switching anti-depressants and being on loads of prednisone, I think. I had an appetite for the first time in forever, and I was eating everything in sight. It was kinda fun to get to eat again, but that was just plain unhealthy. So right now I'm having to remind myself that my tummy is back to not tolerating food for the most part. Strange thing is, it was when I was eating like it was my job that I felt the best I had in years. Hmm. Oh well; I'm used to being unspecified, undifferentiated, and just plain odd.

Love you all, and hope you're doing as well as you can!

Sharpie