Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who and Where Is Your Doctor

Thanks

I live in Northern Mississippi. None of the rhuematologists in Tupelo would even agree to see me when my PCP tried to refer me. She got me in with a new rhuemy in Oxford, MS named Dr. Eddleman. He is in the Cancer Center and he has helped me tremendously. My daughter has recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder, most likely Lupus, and started Plaquenil last week. I also took her to Dr. Eddleman but feel he could have done some more tests to rule out other things. We are waiting on an appointment with a pediatric rhuematologist in Jackson, MS (only one in the state) by the name of Dr. Linda Ray. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Ray? I don't know how long it will take to get an appointment since she is the only one in Mississippi but hope it won't take too long. My 15 yo daughter is in daily pain that ibuprofen won't touch.

Thanks

I'm seeing Dr. Yang at Monterey park, (Los Angeles County) California. I'm not sure she's a good doctor.

Thanks

My rheumy is Adam Rosen, MD. His PA is Barbara Leding. There are 3 rheumies at this practice in Clearwater, Fl. Dr. Rosen is recognized as very good, but even better is his PA Barbara Leding. She takes more time, explains everything w/o rushing. As rheumies are in short supply here, Dr. Rosen finds himself very busy, with less time per patient than in the past. He is still very good and has a good bedside manner. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks

I see Dr. Derek Haaland - he is Rheumatologist, Immunologist and Allergist in Barrie, Ontario. He also works out of the Lupus clinic at McMaster University. He is fantastic...very thorough and compassionate. The wait times in his office are pretty long (3+ hours sometimes...) but he recently installed 2 flat screen TV's and always has a movie or tv show marathon going which makes the wait not as bad. All his staff and nurses are great as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I see Dr. Isabel Gonzalez at the West Ventura Medical Clinic in Ventura, CA. She is extremely thorough and listens. She explains things very well when you ask her questions and is very patient and understanding. She is a wonderful Dr.

Thanks

Hi,
    I live in North County San Diego, my doctors name is Dr. Smitha Reddy her office is in Poway, Ca.
    When I went to my first Rheumy, she told me that I didn't have FMS because "only women got that". She just diagnosed the pain as OA and started giving me NSAID drugs. She retired and referred me to Dr Reddy, she ordered all. The proper tests to rule out other diseases, the only one that came back possitive was Lupus. I highly recommend her!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great thread , don't know how I missed it. Thsnks Steve for linking it in the chat box. Here in the Atlanta Area we have lots of Rheumies that are good. The Lupus Group is very active with lots of seminars and educational stuff with Drs as guest speakers. I myself see Dr Geetha Jonnala. I like her and feel comfortable with her. Though there is a practice here that actually specializes in Lupus, it's hard to get in with them.

Thanks

Rheumatologist -
    Dr. Birbara in Worcester MA. Amazing doctor, extremely caring & friendly. His head assistant (nurse I believe?) takes all the history so you have a good long appointment overall. She's amazing too. His private office is extremely busy, so aim for a morning appointment or allocate a few extra hours if you do a mid day appointment even for regular check ins. not the type of appointment/place to cram in an appointment between work and dinner... He's worth the wait though. I liked him A LOT more than the doctors I met @ rheumatology department at UMASS.

PCP - Dr. Boelsterl - Really happy to have found her. She's caring and she was the one who raised the reg flags that led me to rheumatology on our first appointment together. She has fought my insurance for proper medications, answers messages fast... I really really like her.