Thread: Sores in mouth

Thanks

Default Sores in mouth

Hey forum friends,

So my rheumy always asks if I have any sores in my mouth and usually I say no but recently I have found that my tongue has sore spots like I bit it but I don't remember biting it. Is this what they are asking about for sores or am I just biting my tongue in my sleep or something?
    ThaNks guys for the help!

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you. My mouth sores are on the mucous membranes, not on my tongue. There are other things that can show up on your tongue, like "geographic tongue" and yeast infections. If it doesn't get better you might want to check with your dentist or PCP.

Thanks

Have you been diagnosed with Sjogren's Disease? I ask because I get the sores on my tongue and my lip breaks out often. I also get sores in the roof of my mouth. Is your mouth dry. Do your eyes get dry a lot? Ask your doctor and see what he/she says as far as checking for Sjogren's disease. I hope you don't have it, but elimination is good.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

my rheumy says that sores on your tongue and lips corners are candida. I think it's more common with Sjogren's
    Whenever I don't feel like doing it, I always remember that tomorrow I may not be able to do it. Then doing it becomes a blessing instead of a burden.

I got some stuff goin' on.

Thanks

The sores I get are like ulcers on my gums or lips. I would mention the sore spots on your tongue just so your doctor know.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I'll make a dr. appt soon. A few years back they said I did not have sjorgen's but stuff gets misdiagnosed or just missed all the time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the sores can be a symptom of lupus or side effect methotrexate if you take that. I had horrendous ulcers in my mouth when i had my first/last flare. not everyone gets them but i know my rheumy always asks me about sores/ulcers
    Diagnosed with SLE and Antiphospholipid Syndrom - June 2010

Thanks

I get them ALL the time. In fact when meds aren't working(like right now since I'm almost off prednisone..or attempting to be anyway)I have 3 different ones. One inside my bottom lip, one on the upper part of my gum above my top teeth in the back and one in my throat. They are making everything hurt so much that my throat and ear are throbbing at times. It's hard to eat and talk. I can't stand them. Before prednisone I was getting 5-8 at a time, not kidding, and as soon as a few would go away, a few more would come on so I was in constant misery.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

I have had this sore on the side of my tongue for 4 months, the doctor and I have tried everything. from over the counter stuff to antibiotics tabs and gel twice and vit E cream etc etc. Finally I'm having a biopsy done on tuesday, not looking forward to it, only that it will tell us what it is and what it is not. It just started like the usual ulcer that I get very often but this one just grew and it caused some swelling immediately around it. I have drops for dry eye and my mouth is sometimes a bit dry, is that from Lupus?