Thread: Horrible HORRIBLE friend! (Or simply brain dead Lupie) Sorry Red!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Default Horrible HORRIBLE friend! (Or simply brain dead Lupie) Sorry Red!

OK, last week I talked to red in chat and asked what she was doing. She told me all about doing her hair and nails to see how they were going to look before she did them on Sunday. I asked what was Sunday and she said "row". I knew she went to church so I thought it was something special at her church that Sunday! What an idiot! It was your renewal of vows!!! I am so very sorry I did share in your excitement the way I should have. I really didn't understand!

To all of you that may get your feelings hurt because my reaction isn't what it should be... bare with me!!! Hopefully my med issues/brain/body issues will fix themselves soon and I won't be such a butt!!!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Don't beat yourself up. I wouldn't have figured that out either. You do an awesome job of keeping up with each of us and encouraging us. Thanks for being there for all of us.

Mel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

there is only just over 200 active members here.

i think we can allow a little 'brain fog"

Thanks

I don't think I would've gotten it either and I'm (usually) pretty good with acronyms

Thanks

don,t worry mari we all have these days i only found out about her vow renewal when i messaged her to see how she was doing many hugs my friend

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did I really say "row"? I don't remember LOL! Sorry haven't been around to chat. I thought I had until the 28th, today, to pay the phone/internet/cable bill and I didn't. So we were w/out anything, OH NO!!!!, until just a little while ago! I actually enjoyed the break, w/ the exception of not being able to talk to my "online" family. (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Thanks

Here is a good laugh re miss understanding and brain fog. I was at the shops with a students wife who is still working on her English she is originally from China. So we were shopping and speaking slow and having a really nice time both her husband and mine were at the conference.

She decided to buy her lunch a beef wrap with salad early to take back to her unit, and it was only 10am. She was ordering it to be toasted. Here is the punch line... I said to her would you like to get it later? (thinking it would go cold by lunch). She looked above her and looked around the shop and said back to me no thanks no coffee. She had thought I said did she want a Latee coffee. I realized what had happened by seeing her look around. A few days later we were laughing and I told her what had happened we laughed about the mix up. Her English was getting better each day.

Misunderstandings happen all the time but we need to remember to laugh about it. Also you needed to be there to see the funny side.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;