Thread: New to site, Hello from Georgia

Thanks

Default New to site, Hello from Georgia

Hi, I just found this site and I'm so excited. I am 42 and was diagnosed with SLE - Lupus when I was 17. I also have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and fybro. I have a lot of problems with cellulitis (infections) in my lower legs and fungal infections. And of course arthritis. I also have sleep apnea and I'm severly overwheight. I can't believe there is actually someone I can talk to. My husband and daughters have been supportive over the years but I know that they don't want to talk about it all the time and they really don't understand how bad it is at times. I try to keep a lot of the bad times from them. I'm a secretary and still trying to work 4 days a week but it is getting very difficult. My employers have been good about letting me be out when I'm sick but I know that sometimes it frustrates them because they look at me and think that I don't "look" sick. I get tired of hearing that and know you all understand. I have a really hard time walking now. I feel like an old woman and it really frustrates me. Sorry I know I have been rambling but I'm excited to talk to people who understand. I look forward to meeting you all.
    Hoping you have a pain free day,
    Mamagina

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mamagina :lol:
    I am sorry that you are suffering right now. I truly understand how Lupus can debilitate you and make you feel years older than you are.
    You will find that everyone here will either understand exactly what you are going through and/or will have gone through what you are going through.
    We are here to offer you support, comfort, information and understanding and will always be here to listen and respond.
    I wish you the best and, again, welcome. You have found friends here!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you so much for responding and for the kind words. I look forward to meeting and talking to everyone. Have a great day.
    Hoping you have a pain free day,
    Mamagina