Thread: To Tired to Help on Daughter's wedding

Thanks

Default To Tired to Help on Daughter's wedding

I work a full 40 hour week. I go home cook dinner and maybe stay awake an hour after that. I wake up tired. I don't have the time or energy for wedding nonsense. I've agreed to make the wedding cake and I'm dreading it with every fiber of my being. I'm in constant pain and a wedding cake is a huge undertaking that is gonna really amp up the pain scale. I would buy the cake to avoid if I could, but it's too expensive. I know it means a lot to my daughter that I'm doing this for her as well. It is all I'm doing by the way. She has taken care of everything else. This is just one of those times I really wish I was "normal''. My daughter and I would be having so much fun.

Thanks

All I can think to say is that I'm sorry that your having such a hard time at such an important moment in your life. I don't even cook anymore because of the pain it causes in my hands, I hope that things work out for the best, and I'm sure that your daughter will appreciate anything that you do.

Thanks

I really understand what you are going through. I've done three wedding cakes (one girl got married twice). I was so glad that my most recent one got married in another city, so we just had to show up and buy a simple sheet cake from Sam's.
    Here's an idea. I've taught my girls (even my son!) how to decorate cakes. To calm her own nerves before the wedding, do you think that your daughter might like to join you in the kitchen and help with her cake? Her young hands could do that detail work, and it would make such a lovely memory for the two of you to look back upon.
    Wish I lived nearby - I'd help!
    Hugs,
    Marla

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

steve.b (10-17-2011)

Thanks

What a struggle. I love Maria's idea of doing it together. If this doesn't work perhaps some of the others involved in the wedding could help. You could do a tier and maybe her friends or other family members would also like to do a tier.

Good luck. My heart goes out to you. I can imagine how difficult it is to sit on the sidelines.
    Peace and strength.
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

i love marla's idea.
    it will be a good memory for her to have.
    and it will be a precious one for you.

Thanks

Thanks all! Really good advice. It never even crossed my mind to see if my daughter would like to join me in the kitchen! She's really crafty so she might enjoy that. Lots of great ideas from a group of great people!