Thread: What do you do with your lemons when you can't drink lemonade?

Thanks

Default What do you do with your lemons when you can't drink lemonade?

I don't bother updating much anymore, I do browse the forums occasionally and even comment when I can or feel I must.

I guess before everything falls apart or before I can never possibly return to the forums I should give an update. : )

For a while I became complacent because I felt my tremors had gone and cognitively I didn't feel so bad. But, they are coming back.
    On a, I guess, positive note... I have discovered they happen the same time my stomach issues happen.

Those stomach issues... well. In the last week I have consumed less calories than I would normally consume in one day. Today amounts to a grand total of 199cal and as it is I can feel I have eaten too much, I will be vomiting shortly but I am trying to fight it. At first I was gaining weight even though I was on only 1000cal a day. Then since that last severe episode eating has become impossible. Now I am losing, I mean who could gain or even maintain on a couple of hundred calories a day. I cant even stand the thought of food.

I had an ultrasound last week and I find out the results tomorrow, not that I think I will get much of a resolution. We move in a week and a half. My partner is in a constant bad mood, I dont know why, Im the one that has done all the work to get us moved. He always seems to get like this when I am sick as well, he just doesnt get it. I cant stand his pacing around ordering me to do things and stressing me out. I mean... for gods sakes I can not eat yet I am still making HIM food... breakfast lunch and dinner. COME ON!

Anyway... at least I will get a new fridge when we move to accommodate my altered diet. Seeing as all I can eat is non-processed foods when I can eat that is.

Do know what else to say... as of next week I may not be on the forums for a while. Hope everyone is well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

thank you for the update.

i hadbeen wondering how things were.

hope the new place feel like home for you.

Thanks

Giggle, I'm so sorry you're going through all this awfulness. I have a very specific suggestion for where you could put those lemons, but it'd probably just make him more grouchy. ; )

Your illness is so much different from mine, but we're both struggling (all of us are), and that makes for an intense kind of bond. I"m just trying to say, in my strange foggy way, that I miss you when you're gone, and I hope you get to come back to us soon. Good luck with the move. Good grief, the stress you must be going through. . . I'll be thinking about you and sending positive vibes. I'll also try not to send negative ones to Mr. Sourpuss. ; )

Sharpie

Thanks

Hey sharpie... you now its not too bad... I wrote in my blog post not that long ago that even when new things pop up it doesnt matter so much anymore. Its just another thing LOL I kind of feel immune to stress at the moment. Well... as far as my health is concerned anyway... cause Mr. Sourpuss sure is getting me down! LOL I have all these stupid medical issues I should be worried about and here I am mostly just anxious because of my irritable partner : ) I like your suggestion for the lemons!! An all-round great idea : )
    I've come to realise... no matter how different our illnesses are, we are all going through the same thing. The more issues that keep piling up for me, the more I realise they matter no more than my original chronic illness, Lupus. Well, not being able to eat is really just a more pressing issue, but no more important. Wow, I really am bad with words LOL.
    I think for that reason, I have more general compassion for others. I think I worry for others more now than I did when I was healthier.

Steve... I am VERY excited about the move. Its like a new life, even though its going to be harder and any sane person in my situation would be freaking out right about now ; ) But ya know, Im just a bit too crazy to be worried : ) Plus its been great to focus on something other than not being able to eat and vomiting up what little I do eat. Plus think of the fantastic figure I will have after all this is done LOL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Giggle sending plenty of hugs your way. I'm knowing how you're feeling. I wish I could make it better.

I wish I could.........

Thanks

Hi Giggle,
    I am fairly new to the site, but did want to share that i too have had major issues with vomiting and nausea with even the smallest amounts of food. My gastro discovered after multiple test that my Lupus had attacked the nerve to my stomach and caused major digestive damage. The only way i can eat and keep it down is by taking Domperidome with every meal. This drug has been a life saver for me! In a two month period i had lost 14 pounds from all the vomiting, once my doctor done a stomach emptying study he discovered what the issue was and life has been so much better as far as this portion of my disease goes. Hope you get some relief soon. I know how miserable the stomach issues can be!
    Last edited by Jodi1983; 10-16-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks

dear giggle i am sorry you are going through this hope you get the answers you need to help with eating and your move helps. men can be generally be grumpy i just remind mine about the times he was sick and i looked after him also that partnership is give and take and goodtimes and bad luckily i have a good husband and he gets the hint quickly i also tell him to come back to me and talk when he is in better mood which usually works since i admit when i am sick i usually ask people to leave me alone as lupus can make us quite grumpy at times. i know how packing can take the energy out of youi have done it enough take care of yourself and hope you feel well enough to come back to us soon my aussie mate hugs

Thanks

he apologised, he said he was generally grumpy because he hadn't done anything and had left it all to the last minute. said he was generally unhappy with his life and where it was going : ( not good signs imo