Thread: Good News Everyone!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Good News Everyone!

So recently, KC hasn't had any recent flares in her lupus and she has been relatively happy most of the time. Seeing her happy always makes me happy. And it turns out that my mom might move closer to us! This is really good; hopefully this will let her be more involved in KC's life and ours of course too. I'm glad that things seem to be starting to look up finally. I'm happy but still really worried if something is going to happen to her and if she will end up back in the hospital or something. I don't think that anything will happen.... hopefully. Although generally, she has been doing okay with her salt, and potassium and hasn't been depressed or anything. But what I'm scared of is if she is bottling up all her emotions and then she will just burst and go back to the hospital. That's not something that I hope happens. I don't think that anything will happen. I am very appreciative and thankful for everything God has given my family. And for anyone out there that has just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease I promise you that God is watching out for you. He will be there to hold your hand when you need it. Donít lose hope for the future. =)

Sincerely,
    CJ

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i am happy that you are finding the new normal.
    kc just has to accept this as normal, and the emotional side should also improve.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so glad that things are going better for you. There are always ups and downs with Lupus however having a supportive family makes it all easier
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Steve and Mari are definitely on track with the "new normal" idea. Some days are hard and other days life seems almost the same as it was before. Most days are "new normal."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with you guys, I think that slowly but surely things are getting back to a 'new normal'. But some day do prove to be more difficult than others, and those are the days when something else is stressing me out like a test or anything along those lines... it seem that I would be perfectly fine and then when the littlest thing happens that aggravates me all my stress from the past months just blows back up in my face. It’s no fun. I'm afraid that the same thing will happen to KC or anyone else in my family. I would hate to see anyone in the hospital when things are getting a bit easier.

Thanks for responding guy! I appreciate the support, and you have helped a ton since I have made an account on here. Oh and it seems to be difficult to get my sister to join this, I’m not sure how to convince her to join without nagging at her... any advice?

Sincerely,
    C.J.

Thanks

C.J., your sister may want to find her own "space" so that she has some privacy. My daughter posts on the "But You Don't Look Sick" site and I post here. It's better that way for both of us.

Just based on your 2 posts on this thread, it seems like you worry a lot about stress sending people to the hospital. May I kindly suggest that you try to redirect your mental energy? Many of us here have gone through tremendous stress, and we do flare, but not to the point of hospitalization. Is it possible you have having some anxiety attacks about everything that has happened? That certainly would be understandable, and talking with a mental health provider or clergy member might help. Depending on how difficult things are, your doctor might be able to help you with one of the many meds now available for anxiety disorders. It's really important that you care for yourself or you won't be able to be there for your family.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

steve.b (10-13-2011)