Thread: Lexapro (anti sad)

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Lexapro (anti sad)

Gday folks,
    Since ive been taking Lexapro for depression I have certainly not been depressed at all, unfortunately it works in a way that makes you not care about anything, things that you would be naturally anxious for I just say " meh ah well it will pan out"....which has obviously had its pluses in a stress free life, however I feel I need to get off this quick smart for I am lacking interest in alot more things than previously, plus I actually would like to worry about situations again (not strongly, just normally haha).

So my question is.....has anybody experienced coming off Lexapro or some sort of anti-depressant? and if so what are the effects on the mental and physical side of things?

Cheers!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey there. I went on Lexapro when I first was sick. I had no issues with it and no issues coming off. Did they talk about reducing your dose? If it was just working "too well" maybe you were taking "too much"
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

both my wife and i take lexapro.
    we notice the dulling of feeling.

i also take endep. i use endep both as a depression med, and to reduce the side effects of fibro.
    i change between 25 and 10 mg on endep. with no apparent bad effects from the change.
    i make this change in consultation with my rhuemy, not as i feel likeit.