Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your symptoms move around?

Thanks

Default Do your symptoms move around?

I have not been feeling very well lately. I still remain undiagnosed, but my PCM has referred me again to the rhuematologist. He said he has no trouble with that because of my blood work. I didn't think to ask what my blood work was. Dumb. I do know that I have had a positive ANA.

Anyway, it just seems that every day is something a little different. For a week it was my hips. I would have to get out of bed 2-3 times a night and walk around because they hurt so bad. Now they aren't bothering me much. Yesterday, it was my shoulders and my arms. I couldn't lift my arms to get things from the cabinet. Today, my arms feel better, but it feels like there is someone pushing on my chest and my fingers do not want to cooperate as I type this.

I was just wondering if as this was normal. I know I am a sporadic poster here, but I do appreciate your insights. I do feel that something is going on. My dad was diagnosed with RA last year. I do not have the same symptoms as he did. His is under control now. But his swelling! His hands were like boxing gloves. Mine do not swell, but they feel like they should be. Does that make sense?

I am anxious to see the rhem. again. I hope I get a different one. The last one was OK, but didn't listen very well. My PCM wasn't pleased with what he got back from him.

All of this to ask if you guys feel like this. I seem to feel very awful in the morning. It gets a littl better then I go down hill the rest of the day.

Thanks for your help.
    Tressa

Thanks

Yes indeed! At it's worst, before the methotrexate, it was everything --- hips, toes, ankles, fingers, neck, chest, wrists. After it calmed down I notice that it's either one or two things at a time and sometimes switching throughout the day. It's almost always either my fingers or toes. Not so bad in my fingers but sometimes a couple ofvmy toes will feel broken. Today it was my jaw and slightly my fingers. The other day it was my right knee and my right big toe.
    The methotrexate injections took most of the arthritic pain away but the general malaise and fatigue on some days is stll overwhelming.

Gentle hugs. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.
    Whenever I don't feel like doing it, I always remember that tomorrow I may not be able to do it. Then doing it becomes a blessing instead of a burden.

I got some stuff goin' on.

Thanks

Yes indeed! At it's worst, before the methotrexate, it was everything --- hips, toes, ankles, fingers, neck, chest, wrists. After it calmed down I notice that it's either one or two things at a time and sometimes switching throughout the day. It's almost always either my fingers or toes. Not so bad in my fingers but sometimes a couple ofvmy toes will feel broken. Today it was my jaw and slightly my fingers. The other day it was my right knee and my right big toe.
    The methotrexate injections took most of the arthritic pain away but the general malaise and fatigue on some days is stll overwhelming.

Gentle hugs. I'm sorry you're having a hard time.
    Whenever I don't feel like doing it, I always remember that tomorrow I may not be able to do it. Then doing it becomes a blessing instead of a burden.

I got some stuff goin' on.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ah, Lupus the wanderer. 14 years ago Lupus was misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis as it mimicked it perfectly. The symmetry, the pain, the traveling of agony. Lately it has been my hips and ankles but that will change and why is it the worse my jaw flares, the more I crave chewy foods? So not right! Yeah, symptoms moving around is the norm
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

steve.b (10-10-2011)

Thanks

Same here. It is so bad sometimes, that my husband has said," i thought it was your hip that hurts", then I have to tell him, that today it's my neck and shoulders. A few days later it's my arm, my knee, my ankle and so on. The only thing that always hurts, are my fingers, they hurt on a daily basis.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

And all this time I thought it was just the cns playing games with me LOL:~}
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I sometimes imagine this microscopic band of nomadic troublemakers who are in my body with the sole purpose of messing up one part of my body, and then quickly moving onto another part just to set up shop, and do it all again. Their ultimate goal, is to confuse, frustrate, and ultimately piss me off. They feed off of the stress they cause, so I try to avoid feeding them whenever possible. It's easier said than done though.

In the 8 years I've lived with SLE, I've gone through all sorts of new and unexpected symptoms and areas of pain. Sometimes it's my neck and shoulders, sometimes my mouth is so full of sores that eating bread is like eating broken glass. Sometimes my hips hurt, other times its my feet and ankles. Sometimes my skin feels like its on fire from the inside, and sometimes I have raised burning rashes in way too many spots.

The one thing that I can count on with Lupus, is it's unpredictability.

Rob

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (11-14-2011)

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your replies. I was starting to wrory that I was imagining it. How can my shoulders hurt so bad one day and be gone the next? I am feeling a little better today. Still tired because I am not getting any sleep, but things don't hurt quite so bad today. For that, I am thankful.
    Tressa

Thanks

Oh yes...I sometimes refer to it as the Lupus Lottery of Pain. It's like my meatloaf...never the same way twice. My hands are always hurting to some degree. Some days I can't even take dishes out of the dishwasher, but yesterday I cleaned the kitchen. As for the other body parts...well, I wait until after I've had tea, breakfast, coffee and a shower before I come to any conclusions about what's going to hurt for the day. I guess it takes a while before I really wake up and that usual first thing pain/stiffness wears off. Then I can adjust my day accordingly. Thank goodness I no longer work but my poor husband never knows what he's coming home to. He's very understanding and has a broad definition of what "dinner" is. I've asked the doc why this is and he told me, "just the nature of the beast". Very unsatisfying.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BarbaraB For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (10-13-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
    Oh yes...I sometimes refer to it as the Lupus Lottery of Pain. It's like my meatloaf...never the same way twice. My hands are always hurting to some degree. Some days I can't even take dishes out of the dishwasher, but yesterday I cleaned the kitchen. As for the other body parts...well, I wait until after I've had tea, breakfast, coffee and a shower before I come to any conclusions about what's going to hurt for the day. I guess it takes a while before I really wake up and that usual first thing pain/stiffness wears off. Then I can adjust my day accordingly. Thank goodness I no longer work but my poor husband never knows what he's coming home to. He's very understanding and has a broad definition of what "dinner" is. I've asked the doc why this is and he told me, "just the nature of the beast". Very unsatisfying.
    Even though what the doctor said is unsatisfying, it pretty much summs it up. It is "the nature of the beast", until someone finds a way to kill the beast.
    My rheumy always said" that's Lupus for you". I hated when he said that, but it is the truth, that big Wolf, will attack us wherever and whenever he pleases.
    BTW, I love your sense of humor in your posts. The "meatloaf and the definition of dinner", made me laugh.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).