Thread: lunatic and my mother

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default lunatic and my mother

Ok so it would appear that my family is a magnet for crazies. The latest victim being my mother:

As I've mentioned in an earlier post, mom is in the hospital and I'm taking care of everything. Including her vast menagerie. I've found homes for most of them, but I digress. This ridiculous but true story involves my mother and a pomeranian she had.

Unable to care for all the animals, it was decided that the pomeranian (not the blind one, my daughter adopted that one) would go to the shelter where little dogs get adopted out almost as quickly as they come in. That was last Saturday. Thursday afternoon, right after I got to Mom's, a van pulls up. The lady gets out and wants my mom. I have no idea who she is. She demands to know where my mom is. I am SO NOT IN THE MOOD FOR IDIOTS. Long story short, that particular pom was microchipped and the info came back to that lady. I tell her mom is in the hospital and the dog is NOT a priority for me at that moment. She says she'll take the dog back if I pay the shelter fee ($50) I DON'T THINK SO. She leaves.

This is where it gets out of control:

yesterday morning, while in transition care, mom has a stroke and is rushed to the emergency room. My husband goes over there and when he gets to her room in E R, there is a strange lady he's never seen before and she's got mom signing a piece of paper. Husband blows a gasket and gets the lady thrown out. We have no idea what is on the paper. All he could find out is that it had something to do with a dog. He tells me what happened and describes her to me and I tell him it has to be the same lady from Thursday. I'm livid. Absolutely LIVID. Mom is in the emergency room having had a stroke that morning and that whack job is bothering her. I've got her name and address and soon so will the police. How dare she????? and what was on that paper????? Mom isn't coherent enough to let me know. The nurse who witnessed the paper (and is now in trouble for it) has no idea what she witnessed.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

What the what!? Lord, Ruz it never seems to stop. I wonder is that lady a former owner or someone from the shelter? I know many shelters insist that you bring the dog/cat back to them if you are unable to keep and make you sign a form to that effect. Maybe that's what it was? But to barge into the ER? Yikes!

PS sorry about your mom

Thanks

Speechless! Maybe you need a reality show.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No thanks Gizmo! I'd really rather lead a boring mundane life. Dull is a luxury right now.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Insane!! Have you contacted the police? Whatever she had your mother sign will not hold up in court and probably will not be considered a legally binding document.
    I am trying to think of what charges you can file against her....elder abuse...harassment.....trespassing???
    please keep us posted.
    How is your mother? Since she stroked in the hospital, I hope that her prognosis is good.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did speak to the police and they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. All they would suggest is a certified letter to her stating that she is to have no further contact with my mother or harassment charges will be pressed. I did see the letter (just don't ask me how) and it just said something about my mom giving up rights to the dog and turning it over to the lunatic. I'm fine with that but I will say that I told the animal shelter that it isn't a legally binding document since mom was incapacitated at the time and if I so chose to, I could make life quite uncomfortable for several people. Fortunately for them, I've got bigger issues to deal with.

The docs are saying mom's prognosis is quite good as in she should be able to live on her own again. No time frame given, nor do I expect one. I'm still taking it one moment at a time.

Tomorrow my daughter has the day off and we are going to work on mom's house some more. Attack the kitchen and laundry room tomorrow. She found homes for the rest of the birds and they should be picked up this week.

Step by step, moment to moment.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    Step by step, moment to moment.
    this is the best way to look at what lies ahead.

life has its fair share of challenges......
    unfortunatelly yours are all at once.

hopefully you can see light at the end of this tunnel.