Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk headaches!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy OK, let's talk headaches!!!

Today I have the worst migraine I've ever had - my stomach's upset every time I try to eat. My head hurts my neck hurts ...... Every inch of me hurts. My ears are ringing, I'm dizzy I'm badly stressed. I had a major panic attack this afternoon. In other word I'm totally freaked.

I am trying to relax, but I can't. any suggestion?

Has anyone else ever had a major one like this? I'm at a loss. Should probably call the neuro but I don't even feel up to driving now. Barely made it hone from work.

This is not fun

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I've never had a migraine Toni. But I have had flares caused by Trigeminal Neuralgia. It's a burning terrible pain in my jaw and head. The pain is enough to make me hit the floor, and I get sick to my stomach big time. I drove myself to the ER last time it happened. They gave me pain meds that dulled it, but I had to tell them exactly what I knew was happening, and that this was not the first time. Driving myself was dumb, but I had no choice.

If you are in this much pain and distress, have someone take you to the ER, and TELL them immediately what you think is wrong with you, and that you have experienced this before. They will still consider other causes, but it will help them narrow it down and they can give a proper pain med. They were going to give me a bunch of tests at first, until I told the ER Doc that I know what this is and that they don't have to run a bunch of tests while I fend off the pain. They gave me effective pain meds, and then they did some tests to verify what I was telling them. They can alleviate pain while still covering all the bases.

I know it's not what you have, but if you hurt this much, you need help ASAP.
    Last edited by rob; 10-03-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I suffer from migraines almost too often to discuss. I get cluster migraines where I can't bear to move, I vomit, I scream and I cry.
    You should know, however, that lupus patients suffer from headaches that are very much like migraines and this is one of the many symptoms of Lupus. However, lupus headaches do not respond to regular migraine medication. Instead, they are often relieved when the lupus symptoms are controlled. Here is a website with more information about lupus headaches. If the symptoms fit you, perhaps you should discuss them with your doctor.
    http://www.relieve-migraine-headache...-headache.html

I hope that this was helpful, let me know if you need anything further

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (10-08-2011)

Thanks

I've had my share of migraines that normally are felt on the right side of the head. Unfortunately, they've recently begun to crawl up the back of the head. My neuro has referred to my headaches as "complicated migraines.". Whatever they are, they hurt like heck.

I echo Rob's advice. Get some pain meds, if necessary. I get such terrible visual disturbances with my migraines that I can't drive once I start getting the signs of an impending headache. We're all different. If that's not an issue for you and it's still safe for you to drive, then take yourself to ER. If not safe to drive, ask one of your friends or a co-worker to take you. The pain and vomiting can be miserable.

I feel for you. Oh, close the blinds and turn off any "noise makers.". They're all just that much more annoying when you have a migraine.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 10-04-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Darn auto-correct....

Thanks

unfortunately I too suffer from migraines, although the last time they were so bad my hubby took me to the ER and I ended up staying there for FOUR days. I had just been diagnosed with Lupus and just thought it was severe migraine, but I knew deep down this one was different. If its that bad you should really go to the ER or at least call your doctor and see what they recommend. I really hope it subsides like yesterday! feel better hun, and sending good vibes your way.

Thanks

I suffer from heasaches and migraines too. No advice just sympathy...Take care. And let me know if you find somehting that works!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Took my knockout pain med all day Tuesday and slept a lot. Anyway it's better now.

Susie mine are actually cluster headaches also I used NSAIDs and pain killers. I'm also finding that my muscle relaxer helps. Thanks all for the tea and sympathy

Hugs
    Nonna

Thanks

nonna:

I woke up with a migraine or at least shooting pain in my right eye and throbbing head this morning at 4:30 am and thought of you. Took my knock out meds but as husband is sick, I needed to take care of our young son and get myself to work. Luckily the drugs helped though I feel loopy and dopey. Here's hoping the headache goes away for good and doesn't hit me again in an hour or so.

Thanks

I have some pretty wicked migraines. After an MRI/MRA I was found to have small communicating arteries in my brain and some possible other stuff like pseudotumor and anuerysm. I have to go for a follow up soon to make sure it's not actually an aneurysm. That would suck!
    Anyhow it gets pretty bad with the hormonal surges of time of the month but every now and then I'll have a special kind of headache that isn't one sided but all over my head and these headaches are new to me. They make me nauseous and dizzy. The pain easily brings me to my knees and gets worse when I lay down. I don't get that. Have something called Treximet but I think it might be contraindicated with Methotrexate. My headaches seem to stay at bay as long as my blood pressure stays low. I used to take a beta blocker but my bp went down to 85/55 and I was fainting often so I stopped. 95/60 seems to be my sweet spot I guess.

I will also take a muscle relaxer sometimes and that does a good job in combo with other stuff for migraines. I'm not sure why!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ive had a lot of headaches lately....some last wk! I found out i am having a pretty bad flare so who knows!