Thread: I met Christine Miserandino from The spoon theory

Hybrid View

Thanks

Red face I met Christine Miserandino from The spoon theory

Good morning everyone! I went to the 11th annual Lupus Symposioum and the guest speaker was Christine Miserandino author of The spoon theory What a great and ispirational woman she is!!! Im so glad I got a chance to hear her share her personal story with us and give us such inspiration and hope. I imagine how difficult it is for someone to share such personal things with strangers. My goodness she has been through sooooo much and yet she still has a smile in her face and thinks so positive. My husband and I both had tears in our eyes from hearing her story.
    I got to meet so many others going through what we're all going through. In a way it was so sad to see so many of us gathered in one place, knowing were all suffering from this horrible incurable decease, on the other hand it was nice to personally make connections with others who really understand what one is going through. it was my first symposium but definetely not my last!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Good morning everyone! I went to the 11th annual Lupus Symposioum and the guest speaker was Christine Miserandino author of The spoon theory What a great and ispirational woman she is!!! Im so glad I got a chance to hear her share her personal story with us and give us such inspiration and hope. I imagine how difficult it is for someone to share such personal things with strangers. My goodness she has been through sooooo much and yet she still has a smile in her face and thinks so positive. My husband and I both had tears in our eyes from hearing her story.
    I got to meet so many others going through what we're all going through. In a way it was so sad to see so many of us gathered in one place, knowing were all suffering from this horrible incurable decease, on the other hand it was nice to personally make connections with others who really understand what one is going through. it was my first symposium but definetely not my last!
    I am so glad that you enjoyed yourself and feel inspired! Often times the most important medicine is how we feel about our future!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (10-03-2011), steve.b (10-03-2011)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

How Awesome and I agree wholeheartedly with Tgal, "Often times, the best medicine is how we feel about our future"
    I would have loved to have met her so that I could tell her how often we have referred to her Spoon Theory and how many people it has helped.
    I'm glad that you had a great time and that you were inspired

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

So glad that you had the opportunity to hear such an inspirational story! It does make it easier to cope when you hear others' struggles/victories.

Thanks for sharing.