Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

Hi,

My name is Jennifer and my 13 year old son was diagnosed with Lupus in April. He has been taking CellCept for several months now and it has caused abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea. I have found a new drug call Myfortic and was wondering if anyone has taken it and if so what is your opinion? As a mother I hate to see my child suffer and would appreciate any input!

Thank you!
    Jennifer

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JENNIFERMEDIC158 View Post
    Hi,

My name is Jennifer and my 13 year old son was diagnosed with Lupus in April. He has been taking CellCept for several months now and it has caused abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea. I have found a new drug call Myfortic and was wondering if anyone has taken it and if so what is your opinion? As a mother I hate to see my child suffer and would appreciate any input!

Thank you!
    Jennifer
    Hi Jennifer and welcome to WHL! I personally haven't taken it but I believe a few here have. They will be along to give you their thoughts.

I just wanted to stop in and welcome you to whl. This site is not only for the people that have the disease but also for the people that have/know/love someone with Auto Immune Diseases. Make yourself at home. There is great information found in the threads. Look around for info or feel free to ask questions of your own. I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi jennifer,
    sorry i have not used the new drug.

but i did want to welcome you to our cyber family.

Thanks

I wish I could help but I haven't taken this drug. Having gone through serious illness with my own daughter I know the struggles you are going through. We are all here for you.

Melanie