Thread: Time for a Change

Thanks

Default Time for a Change

I decided today that it is time to go to another doctor and see if they will listen. I teach with a good friend whose husband is a doctor and he believes in keeping at it until he has answers. He not only does pain management but he checks vitamin levels and everything. I have had to take pain medicines every night this week and I can barely get up the stairs at work. I am going to write down everything that I have gone through over the past 6 years. Is there anything I should write down that I might forget about?

I am so glad you all are here.

Melanie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just a thought, if you go to your friends husband; a nd things don't work out. Will it hurt your friendship??
    Not be be a pessimist but ......

Just a thought,
    Nonna

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

tgal (09-28-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

That is a wonderful question, Nonna.

No matter what doctor you go to you need to have copies of all doctor's records and test records. I would also write a 1 page synopses of your illness from beginning to end and a typed sheet with all of your "abnormal" test results from start to finish. Give the nurse all of your records to make a copy of except the two mentioned above (make sure you have a copy for yourself). You want to give the doctor your one page "history" and your list of abnormal test results when he comes in the room. He can't ignore it then. Do not give more then a page because there won't be time to read it while you are sitting there and that is the aim. He needs to know about you even at the first visit.

Let us know how it goes. My fingers are crossed!

One more thing... don't forget to get copies of any MRI/CT scans etc. Don't get just the report. Go to the lab where they were done and get copies of the films on a disc. Take that with you to the doctor as well in case he wants to see them!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (09-29-2011)

Thanks

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Fortunately our friendship will not be hurt if things don't work out. He took care of my daughter for about a year with no progress and it wasn't an issue at all when she changed doctors. I am working on gathering everything up.

I'll keep you posted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

tgal (10-01-2011)