Thread: My daughter was recently diagnosed as having lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My daughter was recently diagnosed as having lupus

And I don't know what to do....

Thanks

We certainly can't tell you what to do either.

I am sorry for your daughters diagnosis. We are here for support and advice and just a place to vent. We can share our experiences with you... but we can't tell you what to do nor start a meaningful dialogue from one half sentence : )
    Maybe you will feel some relief sharing your story here with us?

Thanks

i am sorry you are dealing with your daughters diagnosis i have lupus was diagnosed 4years ago but have had it probably all my life my eldest daughter was recently diagnosed with lupus to so i know how you must feel has she got a appointment with ruemotologist yet how was she diagnosed we are here to help you and answer as much questions you might have with what we know if you let us know your questions or just need someone to talk to one of us is always here to listen i know you are probably scared but we will be here for you hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The first thing you have to do is to find a quilified rhumetologist who will take you seriously and go from there. When all the blood work and his examination he will tell you how to go from there. I am sorry that your daughter or anyone has to get this diease but there is help out there and we are all here to give support any way we can. Bonita

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

steve.b (09-27-2011)

Thanks

How old is your daughter? How long has she been showing symptoms? Do you want more information on lupus or are you still in the denial stage (everyone goes through it - your daughter will too)?

Both of you need to take care of yourselves physically and emotionally. Find someone you can vent to (there are alot of us here), but it's really good if you have some friends or a pastor or counselor who can be there for you. Same goes for your daughter. Let your daughter know that you are concerned and that you want to be involved and supportive, but don't cry on HER shoulder or hover over her. What you can do obviously depends a lot on how old she is. We'd love to support you, if you can give us more to go on.