Thread: New To Lupus

Thanks

Default New To Lupus

Hi all,

My name is Sylvia and on the 21st of this month I was told I have Lupus. There are no churches for my religion in the states so my sister recomended searching groups in my area so here I am. Im not quite sure yet what Lupus means to me since this is all so very new but, it would be nice to get to know others with lupus to get advice and strength from. I am a mom of a 6yr old Boy and am a C.M.A. at an urgent care working on my BSN for R.N. not really sure what else to say......

Sylvia

Thanks

Hi...I was also recently diagnosed. Hope you and I get some great advice and support here. I am sure you are feeling overwhelmed, much like I am, but it is nice to know you have somewhere to turn. Sorry to hear that your religion is not available in your area...that must be hard for you. I can't imagine how that would make me feel. Best of everything to you.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

First let me welcome both of you to WHL. Finding out that you have Lupus or any other AI (Auto Immune) disease can be overwhelming. The good news is that you have found a place full of wonderful people who will gladly walk down this path with you. We can't fix the disease for you but often times just knowing that someone understands what you are going through can make a world of difference. Please make yourself at home here. There is fabulous information in past threads or, if you have a topic you want to discuss, feel free to start a new thread yourself.

Once again I just want to welcome you to the WHL family. I look forward to getting to know you both
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi sylvia,
    welcome to our cyber family.
    there are people here from all corners of the world.

lupus is not easily understood by many.
    even lots of doctors do not understand it properly.

please read lots, and ask us all of your questions.
    we are not doctors, but with hundreds of members, we can answer most questions.

one fact often miss quoted is that nowdays, lupus when medicated properly is not usually fatal.
    many poorly informed sites still state that lupus is fatal.
    yes people do still die from lupus, but most can lead a full life, with proper medicines.
    the life we live is different to what we were used to, but it can be exiting and full.

i hope to get to meet you on a cyber level.