Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I will be taking some time off...

Thanks

My heart hurts for you, Rob. Please let us know when you find out more.

Lung cancer sucks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My prayers go out to you and your family please take care. Love Bonita

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

thinking of dad.

thinking of you.

hugging mum !!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

Thanks

I'll be thinking about you and your family, Rob. We'll miss you and your straightforward messages, but you are definitely putting your priorities in the right place.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thinking of you and your family, please take care of your self while seeing after your dad. I know how hard it is dealing with a sick parent, my mother diagnosed with cancer 2007,just know that we are all here for you and your dad.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leaann For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

Thanks

Take care of yourself as well Rob and I wish the very best for you both! Your Dad sounds like such a strong character.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle For This Useful Post:

rob (09-29-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Update-

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, My family and I want to thank all of you for the prayers, your kind words, and all the well wishes. In all of my years here, and in all of my families history, this is the single most difficult event that we have ever had to face. Your words of concern, your messages, mean so very much.

The situation as of today, is that it looks like the lung cancer has metastasized and has spread to Dad's thyroid. He's scheduled for a biopsy tomorrow to verify this. Although we don't know officially what stage the cancer is in, it's looking like it's at stage three. Not good, but it could be worse.

My parents have been married for 57 years, and not surprisingly, the news has hit my mother the hardest. She was devastated, but she's starting to gain resolve and focus, as are my sisters and I. We will do anything, and everything that my father needs in order to help him beat this.

Dad, in his matter of fact way, is simply saying it is what it is, and that he'll just have to deal with it. He is far more concerned about how this affects his family, than how it affects him. He underwent extensive heart surgery earlier this year, having 5 bypasses done. He recovered fully, and in record time. After all that, cancer doesn't scare him at all. I asked him what he felt when he was told it was cancer, and his answer was "Well, I was a little disappointed". The man has neverending courage.

As for me, the shock is slowly wearing off, and the reality of the situation is beginning to set in. It's taken everything I have to keep my composure and to put on my "gameface", but I'm getting better. I'll do whatever it takes to help my Dad and my family get through this.

Thank you all for the support, it really does make a difference.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 09-29-2011 at 05:27 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (10-02-2011), Nonna (10-03-2011)

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Your dad sounds like an amazing man. Your are amazing as well, the way you take care of your family. I am sure everybody is very proud of you.
    I will keep praying for your family.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

rob (10-01-2011)

Thanks

What a great role model you've had as a father and a husband. Your dad has faced his challenges with such dignity.

I am so impressed by the bond you share with your family, especially your dad, and that wouldn't have been made possible if not for this disease called Lupus and your living in Arizona.

I am so pleased that you are there to be with your family during this difficult time. You're going to need each other. I know you want to follow your dad's example by keeping that gameface on and keeping your composure, but it's very much ok to cry, Rob. In fact, a good cry feels pretty darn good!

Know that you're in my thoughts and close to my heart. I am so sorry your family is having to go through this.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (09-29-2011), rob (10-01-2011)

Thanks

i am so sorry rob please take care of yourself and my very best wishes and hugs for you and your father and the rest of your family

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

rob (10-01-2011)