Thread: Rhuemy always blames fibro before SLE or sjogrens

Thanks

Default Rhuemy always blames fibro before SLE or sjogrens

My rhuemy always blames everything on fibro. Apparently, SLE and sjogrens don't cause me any problems at all. He diagnosed me with them. You'd think some symptoms would be caused by them. He didn't even tell me I had them until I asked him straight out, "What's wrong with me?" He was happy to let me believe what I was told by a previous doctor. He has me on a myriad of drugs, plaquenil being one of them, so he is treating me for lupus. But sometimes he acts like he never diagnosed it. Today he said several times "my fibromyalgia patients...." as if that's all I had.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow. Maybe he has the big head and thinks he's got the other two under control? As if it can't be the other two because he's done such a fine job of controlling them already?

I had this one doctor, note the word "had" as in "fired", who blamed everything on lupus. He'd say it with exasperation often when I'd ask a question... it was always either "You have LUPUS" or "It's the LUPUS!" As much as I'd love to blame it all on the lupus... he he he... it wasn't so much what he said as how he said it, you know? Like he was saying "Oh don't bother me with mysteries I don't have the time or patience to solve!" Sigh. As if we're complicated or something.

As my husband likes to say when he complains about this topic, and once said it in front of a doctor too, "They'll let anyone be a doctor. All you need is that piece of paper."

Thanks

Ive been reading on here for a maybe a week. I do not or have not been dx with lupus but have several things which lead me to believe i might. Anywho I've seen several people say they have fibro and lupus. Im quite confused by this. If you have lupus wouldnt that cover why your having all the pain and other things. Just wondering if you could shine some light on why both dx. Seems as though the lupus would cover it all. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

it is possible that your doctor has prescribed plaquinel for your fibro.
    some doctors see good results from it.
    that is because the relationship of all ai deseases is so inter-related, and hard to destinguish between them.

the important thing is that you are being treated with something that is working, not the name a particular doctor uses.
    it may be discouraging that they do not explain everything properly. but treatment is the main aim.