Thread: Gday again.

Thanks

Default Gday again.

Hello again Lupus mates.

I havent posted on this site for a fair while so I thought I would let yas know how im travelling.

One of the last posts I recall doing was about aiming for weight loss and being happy that my SLE is under control. I am very happy to say that I have indeed lost a good 18 kilos all up (and am very close to my normal weight again) and I am more pleased to say my SLE remains in good nick. My no longer protein leak has been in normal range now for a good 5 or 6ish months, Lupus markers remain in-active, and im playing soccer on Tuesdays and Sundays, swimming a couple of times a week, plus going to the gym when I have free time. I try to eat alot of whole grains which are good for so many things including energy, weight loss (because it fills you up and has a ton of fibre) also a ton of nutritious pluses.

Im doing all this after about 3 years on high dose Prednisolone, Cellcept, Fluid pills....all that jazz. I was in hospital on many occasions, I went through 3 kidney biopsys, tried heaps of different meds, went through major depression, lost contact with mates, went bonkers a zillion times due to the steriods (punched a good 6 holes in my walls), ate like a crazy man, and the other 1000 agitating things that go with having a chronic disease such as Lupus.

Im typing this up to give hope to people with Lupus, to know life aint over if you put in 100% to helping yourself. Some people suggest healthy diet, relaxation, slight exercise (what you can manage) wont help Lupus become in-active. Well that is wrong, its so so easy to give up after doing high will powered things such as incredibly healthy diet, trying to relax even though you have a major problem, doing what you can to get well rested..all the good things. I tried doing these things a few times. I failed a good 15-20 times. eventually I stuck with it and kept it going for about a year and a half and now I am where I am.

A bloke 'Jason' who also has Lupus (SLE) and is in Australia like me has done all the same things as me, when it comes to freakishly good diet, finding a way tor elax and remain relatively happy, getting the exercise you can manage and his Lupus is IN-ACTIVE. And it has been so for 15 years..............he is a personal trainer...nuff said.

Theres hope for anybody in any situation.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hating_that_pred For This Useful Post:

debstar (09-22-2011), Nonna (09-22-2011), ritzbit (09-22-2011), rob (09-22-2011), tgal (09-22-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

thank you for sharing your joy.

it is good to hear a success story, to give us hope and purpose.

i am happy for you.

Thanks

glad that things going so well for you goodluck

Thanks

It's encouraging to hear your example of perseverance and commitment to managing your symptoms. Thanks!

Create a Good Day!
    Misha

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh It is so good to hear how well things are going well with you! I am so happy that you stopped in to make this post. It will help so many people to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Well done on all fronts and so nice to be reading a positive story on here. Very encouraging to others.

Thanks for sharing

Debs

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello hating_that_pred,

One of the things I try to do here, is to reassure people that there is hope for a good future, and for a good life despite Lupus. Words can certainly help, but there is nothing that can match a personal success story such as yours.

Stories like yours give hope, real, tangible hope. Thank you for taking the time, and making the effort to share your story with us.

Rob

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

debstar (09-22-2011)

Thanks

Cheers peeps =]