Thread: Puffy hands and feet?

Thanks

Default Puffy hands and feet?

I have no idea if this is anything to do with Lupus or not but been having a bit of a flare recently and noticed that my feet are swollen and puffy. Not red and inflamed at all, not painful...Like pregnant lady feet...without the pregnant lady attached. No gaps between my toes and ankles all puffy, sometimes it leaves big indentations where my socks have been and there is barely any shape to my ankle. It doesn't matter if I've been stood up all day or not, but it is relieved after a long nights sleep. And my fingers are puffed up too, but they're swollen even in the morning.

Anyone experience this too? Any clues?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I experience swollen feet. My rheumy nods when I mentioned it and I even ended up in the emergency room once. They never figured out why and it went away. I figur it could be due to the meds; but who knows. I'll be interested onthe answers you get.

Thanks

This is how my flares begin. I retain water badly. I am on a diuretic all the time now because of it. My legs get very heavy feeling and it takes more effort to move. The first time it happened it got so bad that I had to lay down on my bed to rest after climbing up the stairs. Just taking a shower was a major event because it tired me out so badly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mine do that too, hands especially. Always when I'm in a flare. Hands also tend to swell when I've been riding in the car for a significant amount of time. Don't know if it is the sitting part or the rise in elevation (I live in the Rocky Mountains where elevation changes from 3000 to 9000 feet when I travel)
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Happens to me a lot and I blame it partly on my raynauds because when thats acting up my hands and heat are more swollen. Also the weather does it too me. AND one time not that long ago my feet were so swollen it became really painful to even stand. Turns out I have vasculitis. If it keeps up or your notice any tiny red dots on the skin there go see your doc. Either way if it doesnt clear up I'd see your doc if you're worried about it.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Thankyou for the responses, makes me feel like I'm not going nuts.

My flares are only lasting a couple of days which is great, and the ankly puffiness went away as soon as the joint pain in my hands did. Also I've been having shortness of breath which seems to have eased with the other symptoms. I'm just trying not to instantly associate everything with lupus because I've not even had a clear cut diagnosis yet. Its just that everything I read makes me go..."oh...that explains it then!" or "I get that!" or "that sounds exactly like me!"

I cannot wait to see the rheumotologist just to see whats going on. I don't want lupus, who would, but if I have it I want to know.

Thanks

I know u got ur answer u need but I too have delt with puffy, swollen, & ache joints. Sometimes it's the lupus other times it's the medication & sometimes it's a combo of both. Lupus sure can change day to day. I sure U'll get the answers you need from your reymatologist.