Thread: Restasis

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Restasis

I wasn't sure where to post this one since it's a Sjogren's med so thought I'd put it here.

Anyone here use Restasis three or four times a day instead of twice a day?

Thanks

Im wanting to say that a few people on here use it. It was recommended by my doctor so I could wear my contacts again but my mom cant afford it to me. Marla has sjogrens maybe she could talk to you about it.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla would be the one who would know; she's the only one I can think of though there are others .

Hugs

Thanks

Yes, I use Restasis. However, I only use it twice a day. I'm supposed to use Systane (artificial tears) the rest of the day, but I always forget.
    I just saw my eye doc Thursday, and he is wanting me to get the tear duct plugs. We're waiting to see what my insurance thinks of it.

I have seen folks over at the Sjogren's site who use Restasis three or four times a day. It seems to vary by the docs.
    Hope this helps,
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (09-18-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Marla. I betcha your insurance company won't like it. They're so expensive but they really do help. I had the collagen and then the permanent plugs.

So there are people who do use it that many times a day. I need to head over there to that site and read what they have to say about it. It just seems like a lot of Restasis.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Marla, have you tried the Systane eye ointment?