Thread: Naturopath

Thanks

Default Naturopath

I'm just wondering if anyone has been to a naturopath? I love my rheumy, but it's all business with little discussion of life style, nutrician or supplements that might help. I've been considering also seeing a naturopath, but I'm a little sceptical/scared. I don't want to see someone who doesn't support the treatment and advise of my rheumy. Has anyone had any experience with a naturopath? Can you tell me about it?

Thanks,
    Brenda

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Brenda,

I have never been but I wanted to say this is a great topic. I believe there are a few people here that have been. Hopefully they will start posting soon!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

What the heck is a naturopath?

Thanks

From what I understand a nuturopathic doctor tries to treat the whole person, naturally, through diet, physical therapy, vitamin supplements, and other "alternative medicines" including accupunture. Here's a discription form the Canadian College of Naturopathic medicine. http://www.cand.ca/index.php?78&L=0

5. The Following User Says Thank You to running girl For This Useful Post:

n.mac (09-16-2011)

Thanks

I haven't been but have heard of people with other ailments having some success. Personally I have wondered about osteopaths? As for naturopaths, my only concern would be the recommendation of homeopathic treatments if they ask for them to replace rheumatological meds, etc. The rest sounds great and as long as you know what you are comfortable with and are willing to disagree with them if you know for example your current meds help, then I would say it is unlikely to hurt...so try it out if you can.