Thread: Intense headachs

Thanks

Default Intense headachs

I have always had migraines but this is crazy. They come one with a couple of min. start in the back of my head/neck and work there way around. they have gotten way worse over the last month. always bring with them nausea and extreme tired. Im fighting to stay awake right now and i just woke up from second nap today. Any suggestions on what to try. Ive tried IBU and tylenolol and even took those together. I have rx for loritab right now due to kidney stones and haveing a stent in and that dosent even help. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks again

Thanks

I get really bad headaches when I get them. I take extra strength Excerdrin for mine and that almost always helps.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

My heart goes out to you becuase I know how awful headaches/migraines are. I have a "cocktail" that I use everytime...

1. take an 1 Excedrin
    2. take 1/2 Skelaxin (muscle relaxer that doesnt make me too tired, but relieves the neck tension)
    3. take 1/4 tab of Promethazine (Rx anti-nausea...this will make you kinda sleepy, but 1/4th a tab isnt too much and helps alot!)
    4. rub my temples with a cool pack behind my neck until the meds kick in

These are alot of meds to be injesting at one time so if it were me, I would ask my doc if my liver can take the abuse and drink a butt load of water! Each to their own, but with this kind of pain, there is no option for me. I really hope you find some relief and are able to break the pain cycle.
    ~Tomorrow will be a better day~

Thanks

Default yes if finally have appointment to see the rheuma

Finally but my appointment isnt until may11th. I guess the wait is worth it because they say he is really good, hince why it takes so long to get in. thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almostcrazy View Post
    Finally but my appointment isnt until may11th. I guess the wait is worth it because they say he is really good, hince why it takes so long to get in. thanks again
    OMG and I thought, I had a long wait for my first rheumy visit, I had to wait almost three months.
    You have to wait eight months, thats crazy.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).