Thread: Numbness?

Thanks

Default Numbness?

I've been having this weird feeling in my right ankle on and off for the past two weeks. I dont know if I would call it numbness, or even pain. Its this odd locatlized weird sensation in the exact same spot whenever it pops up. It doesnt hurt or make it hard to walk or anything its just something out of the ordinary and uncomfortable. Could I have hurt my ankle somehow without realizing it like maybe a nerve is being weird or something? Dont know that its a lupus related thing but I dont know if I should worry about it. Its like a chunk of my ankle feels like its missing almost.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Hi Ritz,

I get that once in a while and you discribed it perfectly, it feels like there is a piece of the ankle missing. It is always my right ankle, but I also get it on my right wrist, which feels like I have a rubberband around it, tight and numb.
    Sometimes the ankle hurts, but not when I step down, it hurts when I lift it up. Just weird.
    The funny thing is, when I tell my doctor, he looks at me, like I am an alien.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Dont they always though. I'm just worried that it might be something to worry about. I've also been VERY tired and sporatically get dizzy throughout the day. I go to my rheum in a few weeks but I'm just hoping all of it is nothing to worry about. I'm afraid I'm about to flare because of how exhausted I've been. I kept trying to blame it on school but I started almost a month ago now and I have been sleeping well, I just always want more sleep.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I hope it is not a flare for you.
    You know I have alot of nerve problems and I think my ankle and my hand are nerve related. Since my rheumy doesn't think its anything to worry about, I am not to worried.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).