Thread: Back cramps

Thanks

Default Back cramps

Hi everyone...I have SLE and Sjogrens and have been experiencing sudden back cramps almost like a charlie horse. Sometimes it is upper and sometimes lower back. This morning I bent over to help my 5 year old with something and when I went to come back up it nearly took my breath away. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain? If so, does it seem to be related to the illnesses or maybe something else? I have had negative MRI's of my upper and lower spine so I know that is all okay. It is just strange because there is no warning at all. Once I have one though I will have multiple cramps in the same day or two then it will be gone for a while.

Thank you as always...hope everyone is having a fairly good day!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi CSDA! First let me welcome you to WHL.

You might want to make an appointment with your GP and have bloodwork done. Cramps are often times caused by low potassium or other minerals in the body so I suggest you see a doctor. There can be many other reasons as well but start with the easy ones first!

Let us know how it goes!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~