Thread: It's hard to believe it's been ten years...

Threaded View

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default It's hard to believe it's been ten years...

I was just thinking,

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since the attacks on 9/11/01. It seems like it was just yesterday. I remember seeing the news just after the first plane hit the first tower. Being a pilot, I thought to myself that on such a clear day, this can't be an accident. But, I put that thought out my mind, dismissing it as me just reading too much into the situation.

Then I watched live, as millions of others did, as the second plane came screaming up the Hudson River flying way too low, and crashed right into the second tower. I'll never forget the terrible, sinking, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at that moment. As horrible as that moment was, I could not imagine the situation getting worse. But it did. All those people in New York, in Washington D.C., and Shanksville Pennsylvania, just gone. All of those families and friends who lost the ones they love. It's still hard to grasp.

We must never forget those who died in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, Shanksville, and in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 09-11-2011 at 07:32 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Nonna (09-12-2011), ritzbit (09-11-2011), Saysusie (09-12-2011), tgal (09-11-2011)