Thread: The Blues..What do you Do?

Thanks

Default The Blues..What do you Do?

Hi All -

I am happy to see the site back up and running!

Lately, it seems like my stress level has been kicked into high gear, having been laid off from my job, and then starting a job I decided I dont care for. I am trying to remain positive, but between work, life, my kid, etc. - you get it, the Blues and extreme fatigue. I keep pushing, but just sometimes cant.

So, Im just wondering what everyone else does when it seems like the pain wont stop, you could fall asleep anytime of day and are just plain near the brink of collapse, with the obligations of every day life? Work, kids, etc? Im not talking about the fun stuff we used to have energy for :P

Thank you - I appreciate any responses I get.

Love,

Chal

Thanks

I think it is important that you find a way to take time for yourself everyday. It could be as simple as taking a bath and nobody is allowed to bother you for that half hour in your day. I am a pleaser and it was very difficult for me to be "selfish" like this. However, it is necessary. Not only for your mental health but for your physical health. You can't let yourself get too run down and that half hour might be just enough to revive you.

Thanks

So sorry to hear you've been laid off...

You're in a wonderful area, try to take advantage of the warmth and light that you can get there - though wear a hat, etc, don't get too much sun! Light can help with the blues.

Do you have a group of friends for support? If not, see if you can get to one of the local hospitals and join a support group - talking is a good thing.

many hugs, dear, we're here for you, and hope that you'll reach out to others for strength as well!

Thanks

Chal,
    I have found that medical marijuana is the best stress releiver and pain reliever for me. I notice you are in a state where it is legal and well established. Most people write off medical marijuana as hippies just trying to get it legalized so they can be lazy and stupid, but that is simply not true, and could not be further from the truth. I am able to stay completely off pain medications as a T11/12 paraplegic and have Lupus flaring up in my arm joints regularly.
    I hope you find something that can provide you some releif.
    Brent

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Chal;
    I think that it is very, very important that you devote some time during the day to your emotional well-being. If it is nothing more than allowing yourself 20 to 30 minutes of quiet, uninterrupted time doing something that brings you a sense of joy or doing nothing at all (sometimes that can bring about the most wonderful sense of joy).
    Stress is one of the biggest culprits in the relapse/flare syndrome of this illness and it is imperative that we find ways to reduce and/or eliminate our stressors.
    I know how hard it is to find something relaxing to do when you are in pain. But, just allowing yourself to lie down can be theraputic. Like Kelibeli said, it is quite alright to be totally selfish for 30 minutes per day, if that means that you are taking the time to take care of your mental and physical health, it really is not being selfish: it is being wise!
    I've heard some fellow Lupies say that they have a mandate that their family must adhere to: "For 30 minutes every day, you must let mommy rest quietly. Don't bring me the telephone if it rings, don't knock on my door, don't aske me any questions. Be kind and loving to each other and kind and loving to me for just 30 minutes each day!"
    You are important and your health is important - make time for yourself!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie