Thread: Sleep, what's that??!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sleep, what's that??!!

Since I've had a bad night. I couldn't sleep; so of course I'm now in pain from trying various positions. I thought I would start this thread. I think we may have had one before; but .... You know you have brain fog when you can't remember ....

I thought we could list the various trick we use to sleep or rest our bodies. I think I personally need to see an ENT about my sinuses. Since I sleep propped up on 4 pillows. If I sleep flat I get an awful headache. So between my head and my back and my neck I can't win. Had a great nights sleep Thursday night though. Had a great Friday, but live for the weekends.

So sleep habits and how you sleep/get to sleep is the topic.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Nonna! Sorry u had a bad night! Hmmm.........sleep tricks...........only have one and well....this isn't really the place for it! *GRIN*! Other than that, nope don't got any, sometimes reading.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,279 Posts

i agree with red,
    there is only 1 thing that allows me to sleep within 1/2 an hour of going to bed.

i usually spend 40 plus minutes tossing, waiting for my body to allow me to sleep.

i have learnt to rest during these times, but cant actually sleep.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Some help you all are - I live in the barren desert. Boo Hooo
    No help there.
    LOL, that's Life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use two pillows to keep my head propped otherwise I have trouble breathing from mucus. I put a pillow between my legs when I lay on my side and I hug a stuffed animal all the time. If I'm too sore to lay on my side then I will lay on my stomach. I used to have a lot of problems with sleeping but now I can sleep 10 hours a night and about 4-5 more during the day and I am still exhausted when bedtime roles around that I can sleep right away.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,220 Posts

Well as you know, Nonna, I don't sleep much either (I am often thankful for Nonna and our "words with friends" games on my cell). My sleep schedule has been horrible for years. When I first became ill I was put on Ammitriptyline (SP). I started on low doses and they worked for a little while. I went from 25 mg at first to the 300 mg that I am on now and I have no come to a place that even that doesn't make me sleep. What it does it make me sleep hard when I get to sleep but it no longer makes me sleep and I no longer know if it is helping the pain because I have so much of it as it is.

Anyway... I like the idea of tips for sleeping. So far I have none
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~