Thread: College

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default College

I thought that things would get worse and I would be sore and tired all the time once college started, but the complete opposite happened. I have more energy than usual, though I still feel fatigued. I feel much less sore than usual and overall and much happier with my life. Im wondering if what everyone has been saying to me about exercise is true, because I am definately much more active walking around campus all day. Im a little pessimistic thinking that eventually its going to catch up to me but so far Im fine =) Its showed me that I really do worry too much about things.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i am happy you are able to cope.

enjoy life !!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (09-04-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

So happy for you!! See, this too shall pass and once it does you can appreciate the happy times!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (09-04-2011)

Thanks

This is SO exciting, Ritz! You and lovedbyHim are proving that there is life after lupus! I am so happy for you. Just keep taking your meds and enjoying college. It was a really special time in my life, I hope it is the same for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (09-04-2011)

Thanks

Ritz,
    I'm thinking that you are probably feeling good because you are happy and doing just what you want to do. I've observed this with many of my former students. High school can be a really stressful and often downright dreary and boring place. Now that you are in a stimulating environment, it is easy for you to push past your illness to do the things that you want to do.
    Keep up the good attitude, and be sure to keep up with your meds and Dr. appointments. You're an adult now, and you are responsible for you.
    We're all proud of you here in your cyber family.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (09-04-2011), steve.b (09-03-2011)

Thanks

I am happy. I finally have things going on like everyday. Its nice. I like having a life again. =)
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (09-04-2011)

Thanks

I met someone who knew someone with lupus in high school. She said she was very sad to hear I had it because the guy she knew with it died =( I told her I doubt I will die from it, and have been doing really well lately. I have never met anyone who already kind of knew what lupus was without me explaining it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I met someone who knew someone with lupus in high school. She said she was very sad to hear I had it because the guy she knew with it died =( I told her I doubt I will die from it, and have been doing really well lately. I have never met anyone who already kind of knew what lupus was without me explaining it.
    Ya, but I bet that conversation was kind of a mixed blessing. It's cool that you are talking openly about it with your new friends. Maybe this person would be someone to develop a closer relationship with. It makes me SO happy to hear how much you love college and how well you are doing!