Thread: Hi New Member here

Thanks

Default Hi New Member here

I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2008. I no longer work and I am trying to collect disability. I applied 2 years ago but am still hopeful. I was recently diagnosed with POTS - Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrom which is a disorder of the autonomic nervous system. Have any of you been diagnosed with this relatively new disorder. I believe it is the lupus attacking my autonomic nervous system.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Leannda;
    Welcome to our WHL family. The most common form of POTS is believed to be an auto-immune disorder and, like Lupus, many have been diagnosed with it after an acute febrile (occurring suddenly after a fever) illness (usually viral), or after trauma, extreme distress, pregnancy, or surgery. I don't know if any other members here have suffered from this condition, but it is not surprising that this condition would appear in a person with SLE since having one auto-immune disorders opens us up to the possibility of developing others.
    I am glad that you are here and I know that we can offer you support, information, and friendship. Please browse around the forum, read the posts, the stickys and feel free to join in on any conversation that you like. Again..welcome to our family

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (09-02-2011)

Thanks

I know there are others who have talked about POTS on here before I would do a search for it at the right side of the page. Sorry I am not much help lol my rheumy told me that I have autonomic involvement with my lupus so I assume that it could be the cause of your POTS as well.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi leannda,
    welcome to our cyber family,
    sorry i cannot offer any advice,
    but i wanted to say anyway.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

First off let me welcome you to WHL You have joined a wonderful group of people! Lauren "red" has a child with POTS. I am sure she would love talking with you.

Please make yourself at home and welcome to the family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Leannda,
    Welcome to the WHL family!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Welcome, I am too a semi newbie, & I just wanted to welcome you to WHL. I enjoy coming to this site it helps me discuss issues that are on my mind & it's a way to releave any anxiety that I may have also.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeannetta For This Useful Post:

tgal (09-04-2011)