Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: I hate LIMBO land!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Thanked 353 Times in 232 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Right now, the doc I work for is looking at my results and he might refer me to a chiropractor who is also an internist and rheumatologist. My ins will not pay for this since I am in HMO.
    We have had to pay doc's out of pocket and it's OK (I almost typed FINE) if they can actually help you. Would your doc write an appeal to your HMO for you to be seen out-of-network? We were shocked to find that our PPO did that for my daughter to go out of state and didn't blink an eye at the $775 consult fee. Of course we had to pay up front, then get reimbursed.

    Does this chiropractor have an MD or DO after his name? If not, he cannot prescribe traditional medications that folks with autoimmune disorders take. If he is a chiropractor who says he specializes in internal medicine and rheumatology, I would be very cautious as his training will be vastly different than a traditional "physician." Just my two cents worth.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

    Manderson (09-01-2011)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts