Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not able to eat, any useful suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks Linda : )

Yep I take my plaquenil very last thing before bed. If I dont, I feel rather off from it. I would hate it if for some reason the doctor didnt want me to take it at night anymore, it would make living very hard.

I dont know whats causing the stomach thing... but for example (WARNING REALLY GROSS PART COMING UP) I had eaten fish, rice, salad and sweet n sour sauce at 6:30pm, by the time I went to bed I was really bloated and in pain... burping and spent the whole night feeling like I would vomit. The next morning I got up at about 8am and was so weak I had to shower sitting in a chair... got out to try dry myself and vomited all of the previous nights dinner, the whole thing. So that food had been sitting in my stomach for over 12 hours. That also makes vomiting even less pleasant than usual. Later that day I tried to eat toast and just vomited it back up that night. I haven't eaten anything solid since. I have been steaming the heck out of vegetables until they are virtually mush... I dont vomit it up, but it sits in my stomach for HOURS.
    The doc I saw last time said it was a food reaction... but I dont think it is, because it seems to happen randomly.

Thanks

Sounds like you are going through a terrible time. Have you written a food diary? That might give your doctor some clues. I really think your doctor needs to take this a bit more seriously!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

giggle (09-04-2011), steve.b (09-04-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    Sounds like you are going through a terrible time. Have you written a food diary? That might give your doctor some clues. I really think your doctor needs to take this a bit more seriously!
    Have I mentioned how glad I am that you are back? I, and the forum, appreciate you. (Will ask how you are feeling in PM LOL)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

giggle (09-04-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Linda for the suggestion!!! I actually do keep a food diary but for weight loss purposes... I might see if I can print it out and take it to the doctor or just start keeping a written food diary. I didn't even think of that : ) I will start one today.
    I think my big but keeps the doctor from taking it seriously lol I think they always think if it was causing a problem I would be thin and getting thinner.

Thanks

I spent close on 3 weeks in hospital and the primary reason written on my admission papers was "unintentional weight loss". I am not underweight, but they still took it seriously for me. It doesn't matter how much weight you loose, if it is unintentional and chronic, it needs to be taken seriously. Mind you though, it has been very expensive getting all the tests done. I am out of pocket thousands of dollars! There goes my holiday money!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

When I told the doc last time that I had lost weight... she said "well thats good, you could stand to lose a bit"

:/

I dont know why, Im just one of those people that look fatter than they are. For my height the healthy weight range is 66 - 75kgs... a few years back I went to the doctor for birth control and the first thing he asked me was my weight, said I should lose a few pounds. I was 73kgs.
    Another doctor I went to because I had gained weight with no reason and was 79kgs, told me I should weigh more like 59kgs!
    Check out the BMI yourself, I am 176cm tall.
    Maybe its the huge boobs, I dont know, but its pretty demoralizing

You look trim in your avatar there. I think appearance is 90% of the battle.

Shame you lost your holiday money... you could have used a holiday after all the dramas!! I cant imagine 3 weeks in hospital, I would have pulled my hair out after a week!