Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i had a tragic loss

Thanks

Tracy,
    I'm a military wife and mother, too. My heart goes out to you.
    My son is a Marine, who thankfully came home safely. My daughter is counting down the days until her Airman husband returns from Afghanistan.
    Military spouses and mothers must bear so much.
    I know that he will be the hero in your heart forever.
    Gentle Hugs and Love,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You and Douglas are in my thoughts and prayers
    Hugs and loving thoughts headed your way
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My heart and prayers go out to you! May you find some comfort in your memories.
    Lauren

Thanks

I am so very very sorry Tracy. I don't even have the words. God love you and your family.

Thanks

Oh Tracy Im so sorry for your loss, Just reading this bought tears to my eyes. Yes we are all very proud of our soldiers but most of all my as a mother my heart goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pain you are in. You and you family are in my prayers hun. The Lord is the only one that can give you the strengh and faith to begin healing all in due time. Sending hugs your way.

Thanks

Tracy, I cannot fathom the pain you are going through. I am so sorry that your family has made this ultimate sacrifice for our country. I hope you will contact military support groups and get personal counseling as well. My brother died when he was 28 and I will never forget seeing my parents (especially my mom) when we arrived at their house. It was like Mom's soul was gone and I wondered how she was even able to stand upright. They have managed to rebuild their lives, but it has been one painful brick at a time. The pain has not diminished, but they have learned to enjoy living again. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please stay in touch with us here at WHL.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Tracyl50 (09-01-2011)

Thanks

Tracy....I am thinking of you. Tight hugs. Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

You and your family will be in my thoughts. Hugs to you sweetheart.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thank you everyone. i just dont know how to deal with it.. what do i do now???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyl50 View Post
    thank you everyone. i just dont know how to deal with it.. what do i do now???
    Has the military offered you any support yet? If so, take advantage of it. They are (hopefully) experts in helping parents to survive such a devastating loss. Try to connect with other parents who lost sons/daughters in the war. Find a local support group for parents who have lost children (to all causes). You will at least be with people who understand why you can't "move on" and who have lived through the first few years of loss. Allow people to come and just sit with you, if that is comforting. Talk if you want to, or let them help you fix dinner or clean out a closet together. People genuinely want to help, they just don't know what to say or do.

My mom had a really hard time leaving the house, and then had a hard time coming home to an empty house. Let people keep you company when you run an errand, or just go for a walk - and then invite them in for a little while. You don't have to plan outings (because you won't want to for a while), just let people keep you company when you do ordinary things - if that helps.

For our family, we had to force ourselves back into even the most basic living activities. Going to the grocery store felt bizarre and Mom would break down when she passed my brother's favorite foods. It was so strange that the world kept going because ours had come to a crashing halt. Mom had a couple really good friends who helped her do those things, so she wasn't driving and she wasn't alone. Dad was still working, and his coworkers were very supportive.

Truly, my heart breaks for you and the thousands of other parents who have lost children in the military. If you ever want to PM me, I will give you my email address.