Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Husband thinks i'm overmedicated

Thanks

Thnks guys for listening it is so nice to b able to talk with someone who can relate. The thing that bothers me the worst is that he said he is having a POA written up. This bothers me to no end not sure what he is tryin to pull or maybe playin around with me it's upsetting I have more things to add but it's 1:00am so guess I better wait til later thks again

Thanks

well, he can have it written up but he can't force you to sign it.

In my case, my husband and I both have POA for each other but we trust each other completely and it's a shared responsibility. I have a problem with one spouse being the soul POA like this. If he has it written up than there should be a corresponding POA for you in case something disables HIM!

Thanks

Momwlupus, I would be very concerned about the POA, also. What if you have a discussion with your rheumy about this? Maybe even make a special appointment. Then take your husband to your next regular appointment and let the rheumy tell him that you are competent to make your own decisions. My hubby and I have POA for one another, but ONLY in the event that we are incapacitated (as in comatose). If he is insistent about the POA, go to the lawyer together and make sure BOTH of you sign the same papers.

Your med list is no longer than mine, and shorter than my daughter's. Here's an idea - if the cost is the issue, can you budget for him to get "fun money" equal to the cost of your meds? Then the more meds you take, the more fun he gets to have. The catch is that he can't complain about your meds, or he loses his fun money for the week. I'm only half joking about that... if you feel trapped in this situation with a verbally abusive spouse, maybe you can find a way to sweeten the pot for him and make the situation more bearable for yourself. In the meantime, maybe you could find a free or low cost legal source to figure out what your options are on the POA and any other concerns you have. I really feel for you and hope you can find a way to decrease your stress.