Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob,
    So sorry to hear about your loss! I have been reminding my children, mainly the youngest, how blessed we are to still be alive & have a roof over our heads!

We are finally home after being evacuated on Sunday afternoon. Our basement got flooded and I know we lost somethings, but I keep reminding everyone - they are only things! Nothing can take away the memories or the feelings that those memories bring. We did lose a lot of food after not having power for several days, but hey pb& j are quite nurishing as is tuna!

(((HUGS))) to all my "Lupie" family!
    Lauren

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    Rob,
    So sorry to hear about your loss! I have been reminding my children, mainly the youngest, how blessed we are to still be alive & have a roof over our heads!

We are finally home after being evacuated on Sunday afternoon. Our basement got flooded and I know we lost somethings, but I keep reminding everyone - they are only things! Nothing can take away the memories or the feelings that those memories bring. We did lose a lot of food after not having power for several days, but hey pb& j are quite nurishing as is tuna!

(((HUGS))) to all my "Lupie" family!
    I only lost a couple of trees, and some paint off the house. Those folks in Vermont are the ones who really got it bad.

I'm glad you're home safe. Sorry to hear about the flooding. Water damage is just the worst.

PB&J works for me! I would have lost all my food in the fridge/freezer had I not been here to fire up the generator. The power went off for a day, and came back on shortly and then off for another day. We had no evacuation orders here, but I would not have left anyway-that's just me. If I was responsible for a family and kids of the two-legged variety, I'd probably have a different attitude. Karen is pretty much like me as well-a bit stubborn at times. Her place came through this pretty much unscathed. Mom and Dad's place has some roof damage and downed trees, but all of this stuff here is fixable.

Rob

Thanks

Rob and Lauren,
    I'm glad that you and your families are safe.
    I've been seeing the news about Vermont, and it is really sad. Those New England states are so picture perfect and beautiful. It is really heartbreaking to see those covered bridges and quaint old buildings being destroyed. And it seems that the loss of life grows every day - so sad.

Isn't one of our members in upstate NY- Debbie, perhaps? I saw something in the news about flooding in Newburgh. That is a town near Pine Bush, where my husband grew up.
    I hope that we get a report from our member who lives in that area.
    Stay safe and dry!
    Hugs,
    Marla

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (09-02-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla,
    I know that Tracey, I think, is in NY. She just posted about her son dying in the military. She is in NY. Hubby and I were watching the news the other day and saw that this town that we drove through on our vacation was badly flooded, Wyndham. We also saw a bridge that we had driven over which was all but about covered w/the rushing water. I felt really bad when we saw that. Right before that bridge there was a crappy little gas station that we stopped at - I couldn't wait any longer - the potty felt like it was going to go through the floor! I seriously doubt that it's there anymore.
    Lauren

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Rob and Lauren,
    I'm glad that you and your families are safe.
    I've been seeing the news about Vermont, and it is really sad. Those New England states are so picture perfect and beautiful. It is really heartbreaking to see those covered bridges and quaint old buildings being destroyed. And it seems that the loss of life grows every day - so sad.

Isn't one of our members in upstate NY- Debbie, perhaps? I saw something in the news about flooding in Newburgh. That is a town near Pine Bush, where my husband grew up.
    I hope that we get a report from our member who lives in that area.
    Stay safe and dry!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Hi Marla,

Thanks for asking, we didn't get anything from Irene, here where I live.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie,
    Thanks for checking in with us. I'm glad that you weren't affected by the storm.
    I think that Rochester is further North than Newburgh and Pine Bush.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob; I am glad to hear that you and your family are OK, aside from some minor damage. I am sorry to hear of the loss of a friend and neighbor. My prayers go out to all of the families who have suffered and lost loved-ones. Sending you big warm hugs

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!