Thread: More stuff to worry about.

Thanks

Default More stuff to worry about.

I went to see my primary doc today, because I have been more nauseated than usual.
    First thing, weighing( oh joy), next blood pressure, wham it's high 150/110. What in the world, I have never had high blood pressure and I am 55 years old. Mine was always 110/80.
    With the nausea, off course I have to go and have an ultra sound done, to check my liver and my gallbladder.
    Now I am worried about the BP. The doctor said because mine was always pretty low, he considers the 150/110 extremely high, for me.
    How can you go to have high BP, with out a reason?

Debbie
    Last edited by debbie-b; 08-26-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie, I can't answer the question about why your BP is high. I've had little patches of high BP off and on, and so far am doing alright. When are you seeing the doctor again? Did he suggest a home BP cuff so you can keep track of it at different times during the day? I guess that's what I would do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (08-27-2011)

Thanks

Debbie,
    I have very low BP, but I did have it go very high for me before. I was very ill at the time and also had to have an ultrasound. They found gallstones, so next was surgery and also a liver biopsy. My liver enyzems were extremely high. No problem with liver was found. Anyway, my BP returned to my normal low and everything has stayed there. I think the stress of being so ill caused it to go so high. Right now you have to try really hard to relax. Oh, btw I had to get a home BP monitor and have it matched against my doctors and then keep a record of my BP for one year. It maybe that your illness and stress is causing your problem with bp also.
    Take care and (((((HUGS))))
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lacey50 For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (08-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Debbie, I can't answer the question about why your BP is high. I've had little patches of high BP off and on, and so far am doing alright. When are you seeing the doctor again? Did he suggest a home BP cuff so you can keep track of it at different times during the day? I guess that's what I would do.
    Thanks Gizmo,

That is a good idea.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lacey50 View Post
    Debbie,
    I have very low BP, but I did have it go very high for me before. I was very ill at the time and also had to have an ultrasound. They found gallstones, so next was surgery and also a liver biopsy. My liver enyzems were extremely high. No problem with liver was found. Anyway, my BP returned to my normal low and everything has stayed there. I think the stress of being so ill caused it to go so high. Right now you have to try really hard to relax. Oh, btw I had to get a home BP monitor and have it matched against my doctors and then keep a record of my BP for one year. It maybe that your illness and stress is causing your problem with bp also.
    Take care and (((((HUGS))))
    Hi Sue,

It seems that I have the same problem, my liver enzimes are very high as well. So maybe the high BP is just because of those problems. I will find out Wenesday, when I get my ultra sound.
    In the mean time I will go to Walgreens at the corner and get my BP checked every day. I will check out those home BP monitors.
    I know, that I have to calm down about this, because worrying about it, is just going to make it worse.

Debbie

Thanks

Debbie,
    If you are walking to Walgreens, you might want to sit down and chill out for 15 minutes or so before you do your BP. Exercise will temporarily make it go up. I recently saw something on the news about buying a BP monitor: the kind with an old fashioned cuff that you pump up and use a stethoscope with are the least expensive and "most accurate." However, accuracy depends on the skill of the person using it. Being an RN, I think it is occasionally unclear exactly when you say you start hearing the beat (because it is very faint) and when you stop - and you need to have good hearing and coordination to manage the gauge, pump and stethoscope with the cuff around your arm. The electronic ones are more expensive, but if I were going to buy one for a family member, that's the way I would go.

Thanks

debbie stress and being sick with anything can make your blood pressure rise also medications can also do this i find when i take my mexotrexate my blood pressure rises try not to worry it could just be something simple take care many hugs

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I use to have really low blood presser (before one surgery mine was 95/55 and they couldn't give me pain medicine until I woke up because they had been having trouble getting me to come out of the anesthesia> Thanksgiving week 2 or 3 years ago I ended up at the ER with my BP being 267/146! With BP meds I can keep it under 150/ 100 or so. Another one of those lovely symptoms for me.

Hope you can get yours under control
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~