Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News of import - to me at least - Plaquenil!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KCat View Post
    It's a med that really sneaks up on you, isn't it? For me I really didn't realize how much good it was doing until I started waking up in the mornings and thinking - hm. my hips aren't killing me. Things like that just started one by one getting better. So it's huge to be able to keep it.
    I agree completely! I really never knew how much they helped until I copped an attitude (or as I say in... copped a tude) and stopped taking it. 2 weeks later I started it again but I still have not returned to "pre tude" place and that was months and months ago!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    I agree completely! I really never knew how much they helped until I copped an attitude (or as I say in... copped a tude) and stopped taking it. 2 weeks later I started it again but I still have not returned to "pre tude" place and that was months and months ago!
    Oh yeah. "I'm not sick. I don't need this. It's not doing anything for me."

Six days later. "ow ow ow ow...."

Dumb move. Did it twice at that. But in one case I just ran out and thought I could manage because I convinced myself the first time was a fluke caused by a sort of reverse "placebo effect."

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KCat View Post
    Oh yeah. "I'm not sick. I don't need this. It's not doing anything for me."

Six days later. "ow ow ow ow...."

Dumb move. Did it twice at that. But in one case I just ran out and thought I could manage because I convinced myself the first time was a fluke caused by a sort of reverse "placebo effect."
    LOL No, actually worse then that. I guess it was longer then that. I have been out of work for almost 2 years. Time flies ya know...

Anyway, The doctors wouldn't diagnose me. They gave me SCLE lupus and seizures but they said the seizures didn't have anything to do with the lupus. It was simply a freak accident. They all agreed that I had all the symptoms, one even said "Classic Lupus" but none would give me the diagnosis because of my blood work. Well, they wanted to see the blood work then I was going to GIVE it to them. Stopped taking my plaquenil and within two weeks I was so sick that I decided that was the wrong move. It didn't occur to me that the plaquenil was doing so much until they were not working!

Moral of this story to all of you just getting on plaquenil... it really does more then you think!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    LOL No, actually worse then that. I guess it was longer then that. I have been out of work for almost 2 years. Time flies ya know...

Anyway, The doctors wouldn't diagnose me. They gave me SCLE lupus and seizures but they said the seizures didn't have anything to do with the lupus. It was simply a freak accident. They all agreed that I had all the symptoms, one even said "Classic Lupus" but none would give me the diagnosis because of my blood work. Well, they wanted to see the blood work then I was going to GIVE it to them. Stopped taking my plaquenil and within two weeks I was so sick that I decided that was the wrong move. It didn't occur to me that the plaquenil was doing so much until they were not working!

Moral of this story to all of you just getting on plaquenil... it really does more then you think!
    Sing it! If you (generic you) can take it (I know not everyone can though it's one of the milder drugs in general) than do give it time. I noticed improvement in my headaches in three weeks but thought it was just me and wishful thinking. But the real changes, the reduced joint pain, the waking up without hip pain, my hands and feet no longer burning, no more edema, etc. were about four months in when I noticed them. They probably changed before then but it was that slow dawning and bit-by-bit change. And there are still break-through flares but without it things would be so much worse.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KCat For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-28-2011)