Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Earthquake

Anyone in VA? We're in Jersey and my house shook & swayed! What a wild experience, don't want to do it again!
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have friends in the Carolinas and they said it was a trip too!! Glad you are ok!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I'm in northern PA and sat and watched my house sway from side to side. I thought it was going to topple over into the street! We used to live in the Tidewater area of Virginia so are anxious to hear reports from there.

Thanks

I hope everyone is okay. I live in Canada but apparently the quake was felt here (mildly). I missed it (in the car?) but have a funny story. My husband hadn't been feeling well and lay down on the bed which started shaking and moving about (for more than 10 sec) and he thought "oh no, here we go, I must be having a veritigo attack" and got up to get his vertigo medication. He didn't know until I got home that there had been an earthquake. Hope no one was seriously hurt. Bunny

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

News here in Maine is reporting people in southern Maine felt the quake. I'm pretty far north though, so I didn't feel anything. Good news is it looks like there are no serious injuries or fatalities anywhere.

Rob

Thanks

I didnt feel it but I know parts of Northern Kentucky felt it near where I live and I know it was shaking the buildings in Cincinnati.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

I'm in waterloo, ontario and lots of folks around me felt it but I didn't.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It was felt here in Atlanta, I just thought it was my muscle spasms shaking my body.......
    Tees Heeee

My friend in Virginia posted on facebook need to check on relatives though
    Watch out for the aftershocks

Thanks

Everyone I know felt it in PA. I was driving and didn't feel it, but my kids all called telling me their experience with it. Sheesh, things sure are changing. Now we prepare for the hurricane up the east coast.

Thanks

Here in western NY, people say they felt it, I didn't. Which is ok with me, I have lived near San Francisco for two years, I've had all the earthquakes I will ever need.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).