I have been going to a chiropractor for about 10 days-6 visits.Problem is he keeps trying to crack my neck ...and can't.
This started when I woke up with a very sore,stiff neck and when I turn my head a certain way I get a shooting pain down my left arm along with pins/needles and numbness. I saw my GP who put me on 5 days of prednisone and tramadol-which didn't seem to have any effect at all. My wife(not just my personel nurse but a real RN)suggested trying a chiropractor.
The chiropractor seems to be becoming frustrated-as am I. At first he was optomistic but now he keeps grumbling about my big neck and shoulders and referred to my head as a big bowling ball.
My visits with him start with some electric probes attached to my neck which is supposed to give deep muscle stimulation this last 15 min. ,then his assistant comesin with some spoonlike paddle which is supposed to be an ultrasonic muscle stimulater,this as well goes on for 15 min.
Then the fun starts-he comes in and tries to 'manipulate me'. So far to no avail.

Has anyone here had a good experience with a chiropractor? Am I expecting too much too soon?

Thanks for your input! Niall