Thread: racing heart and high blood preassure

Thanks

Default racing heart and high blood preassure

okey so I have tachichardia and my preassure is high, im also light headed and real jittery. My heart is at 120 bpm and my preassure is 130/100 I called my cardiologist and he will see me wednesday. I kind of want to go to the ER as I don't want things to get any worse, but I have a $100 copay that I can't afford. This of course is making me more anxious, I'm at work and I just want to go lay in my bed and stay there all day. Im so sick of feeling sick. Im really emotinal right now, im sitting at my desk crying because im so scared. I just have an overal feeling of not being well. Thanks for letting me vent : (

Thanks

Oh honey,

I am sorry that you feel so scared. My heart is always racing, 120 at rest, 180 just from walking slowly. But I have Mitral Valve Prolapse and I am on Beta Blockers. They help somewhat.
    I hope you get your answer tomorrow.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (08-22-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I say go to the ER. If you can't pay up front that will treat you and bill you later. Never mess around with heart, lung, liver or brain!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (08-22-2011)

Thanks

Thanks Mari, I called my cardiologist and he's going to squeeze me in on wednesday. If I don't feel better by tomorrow I will definetely go to the ER. I've taken a pain killer for my knees and its taken the edge off my jitterness.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm so sorry that you're feeling like this. I think we all go through phases of just, being so sick of being sick and not knowing how much longer we can take it. I agree with those above me though, if you feel like it would be better for your health to go to the ER...then go, sweetie. Its more important than that copay.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry that you feel this way, but can understand your overwhelming feel and being at work. Back when I was working there was several days that I spent sitting at my desk crying wondering what to do, weather to go to emergancy room or just home to bed. Only you know how bad you feel at this point but if you think that it is serious enough to conscider going to the emergancy room then by all means go, your health is worth more than the copay.

Keep us posted
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Thanks Ladies I waited it out and went to see my Cardiologist. He put me on medication to slow my heart and bring my preassure down some. I haven't had a chance to go pick it up yet as unfortunately I don't have the copay until monday. i should of asked for a sample but just forgot.
    On top of all this I had a GYN apt because when I went to get an MRI of the hips they found a large cyst on my ovary. I saw the physician assit. and not by gyn, so she blurts out oh yeah we'll have to draw blood to make sure its not cancer...I mean do these freaking doctors have any sensibility, after hearing those words I told her you know i'm not going to remember anything else after this right? Im numb im almost confident I don't have cancer because I never thought about it, but now hearing there is a possibility of it freaks me out. I just have to wait and stay positive and pray its nothing more than a cyst!!! It just urks me how doctors react to things as if they were all normal, when in reality it can turn someones life around. Please keep me in your prayers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Take a deep breath and count to ten. Majority of the time, cysts on/in the ovary are not cancerous. I have them almost all the time. Did they tell you how big the cyst was? Not to ask to personal a question, but are you still having your "friend"? Most women gets cysts and never even know they get them unless they cause pain or, as in your case, are found during another test. I know it is nerve wracking anyway and the wait alone is enough to drive anyone insane. Sending lots of (((hugs))) and prayers!
    Lauren

11. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-26-2011)