Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: husband attacked

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default husband attacked

back story:

last month 2 boys around age 9 vandalized some of our property. The police were called and it was agreed by us and the boys' parents that we wouldn't press charges, just have them pay to replace what they had broken. Husband was instructed to call parents after he had replaced items and show parents receipt.

Last night husband called one of the parents who was less than thrilled. She said she'd be right over. A few moments later a motorcycle pulls up and a big guy gets off, asks my husband if he has a problem, started walking towards husbands who then, sensing a bad situation, tells him to get off our property. I hearing husband, especially the tone of his voice, call 911. I was inside at the time. Guy lunges at husbands, slugs him in the face, knocking husband down and momentarily unconscious then proceeds to hit husband in face repeatedly. I saw that. It got ugly. 4 police cars finally show up. After I yelled at the car to get off my husband! Husband told me to call 911 and I told him I already had. He doesn't recall this but he actually said "thank you". He's getting pummeled and he says thank you. Anyhow, the guy stopped but wouldn't leave. He and a woman stand in our driveway until cops show up. I didn't find this out until later but he pulled a gun on my husband.

Guy is in jail. Hubby is sore, very sore but will be ok. He told me to go to work and live as normally as possible. Daughter has the day off today and is coming over to take care of her daddy. Thank you daughter. I slept very little and when I did, had bad dreams. I can't stop shaking. Hubby took a flexerill and is out and sleeping like a baby. He has low tolerance for meds so yeah, he's out cold.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

it does not make sense.

some people have no respect of themselves, or others.

i am sorry for both of you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ruziska (08-24-2011)

Thanks

OMG how scary this must have been for you and your husband.
    I am sorry that this happened to you.
    Do you know, if those were the parents of that 9 year old?
    Be careful.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Oh wow I'm sorry that you and your husband had to experience this! Was it related to the first incident?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh, my god!!!
    That just shows you how those dumbass kids got that way in the first place. Horrible human beings raising horrible kids. Sigh.
    That's really scary though - i'm so glad that you were there to call 911, and everything turned out (Relatively) okay. That guy deserves to be in jail...thank gosh he's there now. And I'm so glad your hubby's okay. Especially since he had a gun pointed at him...thats some terrifying stuff.
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow some people are SO pathetic, glad he's in jail, the mother and the kids should be there too.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

I'm sorry there are nuts out there. I guess you now know why the kid does vandalism. A lot of rage in that family. I feel bad for your husband. Now maybe someone will get involved in that family and stop the nutty cycle.

Thanks

It is unbelieveable in this day and age that something like this could happen especially from a neighbor.I hope you have taken precautions such as extra chain on door,outside lights etc to help safegaurd yourselves.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMGosh, you are both blessed to still be here and we are all happy you are! Such ignorance with no remorse... to wait for the police did you think you were not wrong! Hoping for a speedy recovery for your husband and some peace of mind for you.
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Physically, hubby is healing well. Emotionally it is another story. The incident was on the news last night. Our names and address was not given thankfully, but the story is out. The guy is claiming self defense for pulling the gun. See what happened was after hubby was attacked, the guy had him pinned to the ground and what punching him in the face with both fists. Hubby had a pocket knife in his pants pocket and managed to get it out and that's when the guy pulled the gun. A POCKET KNIFE. They guy's bond was set at $15,000 which means he only had to cough up $150 which means he is out of jail.

I honestly don't know how much more I can take. Work was super slow yesterday so I got to leave at lunch. Faculty has to be in tomorrow and classes start next week so it is going to get crazy. I don't know what is going to happen. Obviously the guy will go to trial. In the meantime, I don't know if he'll behave himself or what. As stated in earlier threads, my marriage has been on the rocks for a long time already, this incident is just pushing us further apart. My life is a constant battle zone of one kind or another. We still have to finish up the issue with my daughter's case, which, thankfully comes to an end on Sept 13. Either the prosecution drops the charges or we accept the plea, it won't go to trial. Now this. The guy that attacked my husband is in a biker gang. God willing, they leave us alone. It was not gang related. The only reason we knew he was in a gang in the first place is because he showed up wearing his vest. Nothing before, during or after the incident was mentioned about the gang.

So my nerves are shot. I really don't want to go to work. I need the $. I need the madness to stop.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"