Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Day

Thanks

Red face First Day

I'm both nervous and excited for my first day of college tomorrow! I'm more worried about walking around than anything else. I'm really sore still but hoping that maybe some sleep is all I need! I will see =) I hope it goes well and I figure out my Italian class I still dont have. I'll let you all know how it goes!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey!! Well good luck I hope it goes well for you (: I still think that if you really have trouble, you should get a little scooter (like this )

to possibly help you get around. You could probably even get a little electric one too, haha. Still, depends on the grounds and how you feel, i suppose.
    Fingers crossed that everything goes great! Keep us posted.
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

Thanks

Ritz, I'm both excited for you and in awe of you. I've often thought that there is no way I could tackle college in the state I'm in now. Your hardcore points are stacking up high dude. College. . .man, those were awesome times. Do you ever have that feeling, when you learn something brand new, like your brain is actually swelling? That probably sounds ridiculous, but I can remember my whole world view being challenged in ways so outstanding that my thoughts demanded more brain space, and it felt like my head was opening up to absorb all the new info. We talk a lot about distraction here, and I think school is by far one of the best.

Best advice I ever got about going to college: Make friends with the international kids.

Good luck my friend. This is gunna be a hell of a ride. : )

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

It is going to be WONDERFUL Ritz! Try to find something good on your way to each class. If you find the joy (a pretty tree, a fun looking couple) it leaves less time to think about how you feel.

I am really proud of you! You know we expect an update I am sure!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Ritz,
    I agree with Elo - don't be shy about using an electric scooter if you need it. Are you able to ride a bike? Could that help?
    As Sharpie said, the college years are AWESOME. I know what she means about feeling your mind growing and changing. I think that the most important thing about my education was that I learned how to think for myself. Be open to new ideas and seek out every chance to learn.
    I also agree with her about befriending the international students. We did that, and we were invited to some awesome parties and got the chance to try some very interesting foods. That was when I learned to make a home made apple pie, and I was popular at those parties for bringing my "American food".
    Enjoy your first week!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I got around pretty well and was only late for one class lol only by a few min. My classes are all so easyyyy. I feel like Im going to lose interest lol hopefully not. I just dont see how these dumb classes are going to hold my attention lol
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, InterstitialLung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 10mg Norvasc, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, 10mg Flexeril, 4mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I got around pretty well and was only late for one class lol only by a few min. My classes are all so easyyyy. I feel like Im going to lose interest lol hopefully not. I just dont see how these dumb classes are going to hold my attention lol
    See, all the worry for nothing.
    But don't worry, I am the same way, I worry myself sick over something and than I find out, it was a piece of cake.
    Good luck with your classes and I am sure they will not stay this easy.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (08-22-2011)

Thanks

I have been awkwardly sitting by myself for almost 2 hours....Im not very socialable. My friend was supposed to meet up with me butttt she's not getting back in touch with me.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I have been awkwardly sitting by myself for almost 2 hours....Im not very socialable. My friend was supposed to meet up with me butttt she's not getting back in touch with me.
    Hi Ritz,

I was quite a bit younger than most of the people who I went to college with, and at first I felt completely out of place, and totally awkward. But, it didn't take long to meet some really great people, and make some good friends. Friends who I am still in touch with today.

I think you'll find college to be a setting that is far more open minded, and unlike high school, it's a place where being yourself is accepted, and where originality is a trait that is respected by others. Just be yourself, and you'll do fine.

College can be incredibly liberating. It was for me. My college days and the friends that I made, are among some of my fondest memories.

Rob

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (08-23-2011), ritzbit (08-22-2011)

Thanks

Hey lady, Happy 1000th post! Many milestones today. : )