Thread: In soooo much pain!

Thanks

Default In soooo much pain!

Hello all,

I have been in so much pain for the past few days, more than ever. I can't tell if the pain is in my joints or muscles. I can hardly walk right now. I know flairs can be bad but this is something I haven't experienced. I usually have where my feet hurt in the morning until I get "warmed up" but now I can barely get to the bathroom without hanging on to something. Everything on my body hurts not just my joints. Has anyone had this? I think I am going to call the Dr tomorrow if it doesn't get better. The pain meds don't even work.

Thanks everyone and have a blessed day,

Thanks

I get similar pains, so bad at times it hurts too much to lay in bed and I end up sleeping in my recliner. I also get so stiff from driving extended periods of time that I have to force myself out of my truck and hang on to the door for a couple of minutes until I get warmed up . Worse of all is the all over aching pain that none of my pain meds seem to touch. In addition to plaquenol for the past 15 mos ,I have been on methotrexate for about 2 mos and I have seen improvement especially as far as the all over ache in bone/muscle.

I hope you feel better!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

lovedbyHim (08-19-2011)

Thanks

Thank you n.mac. I have been on Methotrexate since March and it was working great. All of a sudden WHAM I got hit like a mac truck. Warming up isn't helping this time around. I am glad to hear of your improvement and hopes it only gets better for you.

Thanks again!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've only had a few days like that, and it was scary. That was what prompted me to get a cane, actually. My knees (muscles around the knee, as well as the actual knee itself) were so stiff and in so much pain that I was literally walking everywhere bent over, hanging onto walls, and doing this pathetic painful shuffle just to get to the bathroom. Not fun.
    I just kind of waited it out. But it was hard...reallly hard. But, it just...slowly started easing up a little bit, and like i said, it only ended up lasting a few days.

I hope that you feel better soon, and that the Dr. can do something for you (:
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Sorry I am just getting around to writing. Please let us know how it goes at the doctor
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

This used to happen to me a lot. Since the Plaquinil and daily prednisone, I was doing better. The hoshimotos thyroiditis also caused me to have terrible muscle pain. When the vitamin D was low, that too increased pain in my muscles. I truly hope the doc can help you with this.

Thanks

Default Methotrexate that easily?

I thought rhuemy's held methotrexate until there was kidney damage. I have days like described often. I've only been taking tramadol, meloxicam and gabapenton for pain. Maybe us folks holding on to things just to walk a few yards to the bathroom should ask our rhuemy's to prescribe methotrexate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bkm0117 View Post
    Hello all,

I have been in so much pain for the past few days, more than ever. I can't tell if the pain is in my joints or muscles. I can hardly walk right now. I know flairs can be bad but this is something I haven't experienced. I usually have where my feet hurt in the morning until I get "warmed up" but now I can barely get to the bathroom without hanging on to something. Everything on my body hurts not just my joints. Has anyone had this? I think I am going to call the Dr tomorrow if it doesn't get better. The pain meds don't even work.

Thanks everyone and have a blessed day,
    I do get that way when I am in a flare. Even though I am on MTX and I am feeling so much better, when I am in a flare nothing helps. When the flare lasts more than a week, my rheumy gives me a steriod shot and I feel better for about a week to ten days and by then the flare is usually over.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).