Thread: hi New one her

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi New one her

Hi i am new to this. just been told ,, just started al lthe meds I really wish i could talk to someone that has this,, they say it is popular but i cant find anyone to chat with i am scared
    sissy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey sissy (:
    Welcome to the forum. It's okay to be scared - Lupus is a scary diagnosis. The important thing to realize is that it's NOT a death sentence. So many people get diagnosed, and go through life thinking that they're going to die soon. But they're not, and most of the time they will live a long life and can get this disease and sickness under control.

I am new to this world as well - I haven't even been sick a year now. I'm still waiting on a diagnosis, however, so while I can talk to you (and would love to), about being sick and coping, and what I know, I'm nowhere near the expert that so many on our site are.

You are not alone, not in being sick, not in having Lupus, and not in being scared or over your head. That's why this forum is here - to bring people together and help comfort eachother.

I know you're probably overwhelmed right now, so there's not much I can say, but trust me, it will get easier. That weight on your chest and mind will get lighter, and as you progress and time goes on, you'll establish a new sort of normal. (:
    Well, anyways, I'll step aside and let the *real* experts talk, hehe. If you ever need to chat though, feel free to message me.
    Best of love and luck - just try to breathe through it, try not to be too terrified, you really needn't be.
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-16-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default ty

I thank you for that, i just dont know if the feelings i am feeling are normal..... the symptons.....they say we are all different. and i just dont know

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If you're worried, go ahead and tell us your symptoms (: As long as you feel comfortable, of course. You're right, we all are different, but at the same time, many of us overlap on some things, and if one person doesn't have something similar to you, someone else probably will.
    It's normal to be scared, angry, sad...etc after being diagnosed. many people say that it's almost as if someone has died, as we normally go through a similar sort of grieving process. Just know that you can open up here and get support. Feel free to explain your symptoms (that might actually help us to understand you and help get you through this), what you're feeling, what your life is like, or anything of the sort. We're all here to help.
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

Thanks

Hi Sissy,

We have all been in your shoes, when we were first diagnosed.
    It is scary, overwhelming at times, you get mad, frustrated,sad and all other emotions you can imagine.
    But coming here, to talk to people who feel just like we do, helps alot.
    So if you have questions or if you just want to talk about anything, we are here for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi sissy,
    you are far from alone.
    we have people who come here from all over the world.
    and all age brackets.

i am from australia, i am almost 50
    i was diagnosed about 3 years ago, but have been sufferuing for over 30 years.

please feel free to ask questions, helping others understand is one of the main aims of the forum.

again welcome to our cyber family.

Thanks

Hi sissy, welcome to our family. I felt alone too but now I see there are a lot of us. I am 53 and had symptoms in my 20s. I am doing well presently and enjoying the moment while it lasts. The meds have helped gain some quality of life back but itvis a challenge and nor for the faint of heart. With this group we root each other on!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I just wanted to stop in and welcome you to WHL. As the ones before me have said; you are not alone at all. This is a very scary time and I really am glad that you are here. This place is full of fantastic people who are dealing with the same things that you are. As was said earlier, Lupus doe not have to be a death sentence anymore. Once you get on the right meds the majority of people go on to live very full and happy lives.

Please take a look around or, if you have a specific question, feel free to post a question yourself. Once again, welcome to the WHL family.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

welcome sissy i too have been recently diagnosed with subacute cutaneous lupus it is very scary trying to deal with the unknown i was really freaking out and scared until i found this fabulous web site and met these wonderful people on here who in a very short time will feel like your family. the doctors don't tell you much and that alone is a scary thing to deal with i came on here and browsed at first to look for any information i could find with people who live it everyday and i found this site very helpful and friendly so jump in whenever you feel comfortable i have also learned that no question is a stupid question and people on here are very open and that really helps a lot

Thanks

Sissy, we are all here for you and we understand, so please feel free to ask, vent or just chat. This really is a great site with great people whom you can share with and you will never feel alone.
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'