Thread: Help with pain

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Help with pain

Hi

I am still waiting for blood test results and an official diagnoses from my Dr but she is definitely thinking I have Lupus. I am also a Type 1 diabetic. For the past two weeks I have been so weak and in a lot of
    pain. I do not know how to cope with this pain and weakness. I have been sleeping a lot but my arms
    and legs feel like lead weights and it is difficult to get out of bed. I have mobic for my osteoarthritis but
    it is not helping.

My husband will not acknowledge my illness and just says "you will be allright" - I am recovering from a 28 day hospital stay where my gallbladder was eventually removed but I suffered complications and was
    in the ICU for a week. I went home in April and then started developing more common Lupus symptoms -
    Like the malar rash, fatigue and pain.

I would like to know any suggestions for pain relief and for getting my energy back.
    Thanks for any advice you could offer.

Prayers and well wishes for all.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,072 Posts

hello running dreams.

i also have fibromyalgia, to mix with my lupus.
    so pain and i are old enemies.

i find panadol osteo is good for me.
    it goes by a different name in the states, but it is an over the counter drug.

lack of energy is a problem for all of us.
    getting the medication balance right will help.
    as will a good well balanced diet.
    but there is no magic pill for energy, unfortunatelly.

anyway welcome to our cyber family.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

runningdreams (08-18-2011)

Thanks

Hello running dreams. Nice to meet you. Gosh fatigue and pain are miserable & take so-long to sort out. I am on tylenol arthritis and ibuprophin are needed now. I was in lodine, lyrica, Mobil, skelaxin, etc. I hated the side affects and so now I exercise every day and seem to be slowly building more energy and less pain. I have lupus, fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. The osteoarthritis is the most painful for me presently.

I would encourage you to be patient as your husband learns to accept the new you. It takes time and education. Bless you dear. So sorry you have been so sick for so long. (((hugs)))

Thanks

Thank you lovedbyHim.
    I am going to will myself to exercise a little every day. I think this will help some.
    I had a long talk with my husband and he says is very scared for me and hates to see me in my condition.
    He feels helpless because there is nothing he can do to relieve my pain. It was encouraging to talk about it
    and he says he is here for me. So that makes me feel better.
    Thanks for the hugs!
    Hope you have a blessed night!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey runningdreams (: I love your name.
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry that you have to use us, but glad you found us.
    I'm sorry...I wish I could tell you something that makes the pain better. But to be honest, I'm new to this world of pain, too. And I dont know how to cope with it either.
    Something that has helped with the weakness, and my arms feeling so weak and heavy, is a warm epsom salt bath. It helps my sore muscles sometimes.
    I'm sorry to hear that your husband doesn't really support you in the way you need him to. It seems that sometimes, healthy people just can't cope with the people they love being sick. Not any sicker than a cold, or perhaps a broken arm, at least. It's scary, for everyone involved.

Sorry if i dont make much sense, i'm sort of in a weird place today, but I just wanted to stop in and say hello and welcome. I wish that there was more I could say to make it better. If I come across anything that helps i'll be sure to let you know !
    One day at a time, one breath at a time... We can get through this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elo For This Useful Post:

runningdreams (08-18-2011)

Thanks

Runningdreams,
    I so know what it is like to not be supported by your husband. Last year I was in the hospital with lyme disease and my husband whom we had only been married 6 months ended things then because he was impressed with the way I handled things took it back and this time during this flare he got cold and wouldn't even cuddle with me. This week he seems better but now I'm like whatever go away, because I'm not telling you my symptoms you want to be around, well I'm not ready for you to be around. I am not on anything official for my lupus yet because I don't see my rheumy until the 29th and my gp won't give me anything that really works. I actually had to ask my mom to go to my appointment with me because my hubby won't.
    Good luck!