Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Notes For Linda

Thanks

Linda, I'm glad you finally "got sprung" (do they say that in Australia?). I agree with Rob that no cancer is good news, but still not knowing what is knocking you out must be so discouraging. I'm thinking about you and look forward to your next post. Maybe someone will get you WiFi and a laptop so you can visit us more often.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am SOOO glad you are home! I have missed you so much! take your meds and get to feeling better so we can return to our morning and evening chats!

Glad there is no cancer. That is something you didn't need to worry about. Please keep us posted on the results. Update when you can but DON'T do too much, please!
    '
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi linda glad you are out of hospital take it easy and rest my friend luv kim l

Thanks

Good morning people, nice to hear from you all again.

Rob: Vegemite = YUK ... I am glad you are educating yourself on the finer details of Australian culture. However, I prefer Promite.

Tgal: I would love to chat again soon, but at the moment I am in too much pain, even 5 days after my operation.

Marla: You said you had a mucle biopsy, was it a punch biopsy, or did they go into your muscle and cut it open like mine? My gosh, the pain is horrendous!

Would anyone know why my knee is blowing up? When I have been on my feet for a while, and the pain in my thigh (incision site is 10cm long) is really bad, my knee hurts bad and blows up. I don't get swollen joints with my Lupus, so it isn't a Lupus thing. Also when my knee blows up, my ankle hurts really bad as well.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad you're home, Glad there's no cancer
    And a I've all I'm glad you're you

Hugs

Thanks

Hi Linda,

First of all, so glad there is no Cancer.
    I hate that you have to go through all this crap and still not get an answer.
    For now, all you can do is rest, try and eat, drink your Ensure and take it easy.
    I hope you get this resolved soon.
    Thinking of you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post

Marla: You said you had a mucle biopsy, was it a punch biopsy, or did they go into your muscle and cut it open like mine? My gosh, the pain is horrendous!

Hi Linda,
    Yes, they cut mine open like yours. I have a 1.5 inch scar on the inside of my left arm, just above where my arm folds. Since it was just on my arm, and not on a weight-bearing leg, I got off a lot easier than you did. I don't notice pain much - I've had five kids with NO meds at all - so it didn't bother me at all. I sort of freaked the two young docs out by watching every bit of the biopsy and even commenting on their stitching techniques. (I used to help put in stitches if a Mom tore a bit when I was midwifing)

Could your knee and ankle be swelling because the swelling from your incision is cutting off circulation in your leg? Just a thought.
    I would think that this is a great excuse to prop your leg on a pillow, enjoy a good book, and be pampered until the incision heals.
    Take good care of yourself!
    Hugs,
    Marla

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (09-01-2011)