Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Notes For Linda

Thanks

Linda,
    It was great to hear from you and to know what all is going on at this time. Soon they will figure this out and you will be back with us full-time. Continue to hang tough!!!
    Lots of (((((((HUGS)))))
    Sue

'Friends are like stars.....You don't always see them, but you know they are there.'

Thanks

Linda from Australia, give 'em hell. I've often bragged about my extra weight, and I'm quite attatched to it, but I swear, Linda from Australia, I'd give up the awesome pounds (kilos?) to you in a second. If it were possible, I'd be the Oprah of weight-giving, and I wouldn't make you pay the taxes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sharpiessave For This Useful Post:

Gizmo (08-29-2011)

Thanks

Hi Linda..lifting you up in prayer. Be well and keep well. Love, O...Hugs.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

dear linda take care my friend thinking of you and many hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Linda, thinking about you; sending good thoughts and hugs your way

Thanks

G'day people ... I'm out of hospital ... nearly 3 weeks later.

The EMG (muscle conduction test) showed that there was some abnormal activity in my arm, which they suspect will progress. So they are keeping a close eye on me to see how fast it will progress. Not a very good outcome, but I will do the best I can to do slow the progress down.

I had two muscle biopsies ........... right upper arm - 4cm.... left thigh - 10cm
    I was put under a general, where they had to go in very deep to take some muscle out. Apparently there was a lot of bleeding. My arm is BLACK ... and I cannot use my thigh muscle. The doctors said that it will take me a lot longer to get over this because of my initial muscle weakness, pain, and declining health. I cannot walk without crutches, and I cannot walk without any supervision. My knee swells up big time quickly which limits me. Besides, the physios don't want my muscles to fatigue at all.

I have to wait 3 weeks for the test results to be completed. They are doing thorough testing at another hospital. I have been sent home with ensure plus (nutrition drinks for people that are malnourished). and heaps of pain killers. The pain killers are allowing me to sleep only slightly better, which was better than sleeping pills that did nothing at all. The good thing is that I am having some dreams now, which means at least I am having a bit deeper sleep (I think anyway). Oh and they didn't find any cancers, but they still don't know why I am loosing so much weight.

I am in a lot of pain at the moment, on heaps of pain killers, so also very tired as well. I will try to pop into WHl every now and then, but I cannot walk around very much because of the pain, and besides, I get into trouble for not resting enough. I will keep you updated with what is happening with me, which at the moment, isn't very much. I really hope you are are doing very well.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Hi Linda,
    I'm so glad to see you here and that you are out of the hospital. Keep drinking that Ensure and resting so that you don't get into any more trouble.
    I've had a muscle biopsy, but just in the arm. They did mine with a local and I got to watch the whole thing. My students loved the scar. They wanted me to scare the freshman that fall by telling them that I had gotten it while breaking up a knife fight in the cafeteria. My school was that tough!
    When they did mine, they thought that I had spinocerebellar ataxia, but it turned out to be negative. They also did genetic testing - have they suggested that for you?
    I can't wait to hear what they think you might have. Keep us informed.
    Take care of yourself.
    Lots of Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

hugs, sis.
    glad you are home.

Thanks

Linda! I haven't been on here much or talked much cause its hard but i have been wondering how you are going and worrying about you!! I am glad to hear that although not everything is peachy, you are getting what sounds like some good help. My heart just sinks to hear what is going on with you and I am eager to hear you get a diagnosis soon with some hope of some definitive and helpful treatment!!
    I cant believe how quickly your condition has progressed, I am just happy to hear from you. Just wanted to let you know that although Im not on here much, still thinking and praying for you <3

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Linda,

It's great to hear from you, and I'm very glad you are finally out of the hospital. I know it's been an extremely rough road for you.

They found no cancer, well, that's some significant good news to hang onto. That's one big thing you need not worry about.

I noticed the last time I was really under the weather with a TN flare, that I didn't dream for quite some time. It was very noticable when I did start dreaming again, as I was indeed getting some much needed deep sleep once again.

I wanted to tell you that I got my nephew hooked on Vegemite. He's in the Army. He deployed to his new post in the Middle East a couple of months ago, and I sent him a care package with half a dozen bottles, and now the guys on his team love the stuff too. He and his team are Army Special Forces, roughly the U.S. equivalent of your Australian SAS, and they are Vegemite junkies now thanks to you! I thought you might get a little chuckle out of that.

I'm glad you are finally home,

Rob

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

giggle (08-29-2011)